I really want to become a paramedic, but have messed my education up. need advice.

Watch
mhunt97
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hello all,

So as you can see from the title I would like to become a Paramedic, I am 17 and in my second year of collage (I will come back to that In a second)

I was saying that I have messed my education up, this is for two reasons.

1) Although I did get 5 GCSE's at C or above, I missed out on my English by 1 mark- I am currently taking a level 2 functional skills course in English that is equivalent to a C in GCSE.

2) I have always wanted to become a paramedic, however my parents wanted me to have "another option" so I decided to do a BTEC level three in IT system support and networking. I have hated every second of this and am only going to be getting passes in the subject but I will still get some UCAS points for it. A lot of people on my course had already been at 6Th form before starting collage so I am thinking of doing a health and social care course next year as it is the only qualification that I have found that will help me gain some of the skills needed as well as getting enough UCAS points to get in to a uni.
I was looking at the paramedic practice course a Edge hill-
http://www.edgehill.ac.uk/study/cour...medic-practice

My main question is, given my circumstances if I was to work really really hard next year (because I will admit that I have been lazy, partly because I am just not interested in computers) would it still be possible for me to somehow become a paramedic? If the answer is no what can I do to change that as this is what I really want to do (I had a resuscitation dummy for my 8th Birthday :/)

Thanks in advance for any advice.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (120)
28.1%
No - I have already returned home (57)
13.35%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (84)
19.67%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.37%
No - I live at home during term anyway (126)
29.51%

Watched Threads