Your most boring AS/A-level? Watch

tcameron
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I do biology, chemistry, maths, geography.

I think I have fallen asleep mulitiple times in my geography lessons and feel like my brain is slowly melting away each lesson. Literally No motivation in the subject whatsoever.
Can't wait to drop it after AS - worst decision I made...

What's your most boring subject you do? (if you have one)
Flame Alchemist
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
My A-levels are maths, physics and drama. I find maths and physics extremely interesting and drama fun but hard.

My additional AS-level was chemistry so I guess I can say it was my least favourite out of the four, but I didn't find it dull per se.
amelimoo
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by tcameron)

I think I have fallen asleep mulitiple times in my geography lessons and feel like my brain is slowly melting away each lesson. Literally No motivation in the subject whatsoever.

I do Biology, English Literature and Geography and I love all 3 although they all have their boring bits, I hate coasts in geography, translocation in biology and Jane Eyre in English.
Gnomes&Knights
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I remember when I did Sociology it was damn boring and the only interesting part was the part about the feminists.
AidenLloydJepsen
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by tcameron)

I don't find subjects boring, more topics inside of subjects:

In history, I love Mao/ Stalin but dislike India
In geography, I love human but dislike physical
In maths, I love C1/ D1 but dislike C2
In further maths, I love M1/ D2, but dislike FP1
In economics, I LOVE IT ALL!
Bobjim12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
For me it's computing, well, my theory lessons anyway. In maths you gain mathematical skills, in Physics you understand how the world works, in Theoretical computing you're just given fact after fact which is pretty droll, the course doesn't require to be in depth enough about how the computer works to be truly interesting.

The irony is, Computing is what i want to do XD
ancienthistory
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I do Philosophy, Ancient History, Law and Literature... for me I am finding literature to be the most tiresome, for the topic we're doing is 'Struggle for Identity,' Feminism etc. etc., which vexes me as I really wanted to study the Victorian Literature module. As a male, I'm honestly fed up of reading about lesbian innuendos, which Duffy has kindly littered through her little 'collection' of "The Feminine Gospels." I would recommend you read it, but I don't wish for you to be tortured so I won't.

Second place goes to the fabulous ancient history, in which my college has chosen to exclusively teach the dullest of topics. However, Cicero is growing on me and I feel a genuine connection.

On the other hand, law and philosophy are simply divine, albeit the latter requires a few hours - per sentence - to fully understand.
Serine Soul
Badges: 18
Report 4 years ago
I actually find all my AS levels interesting (Biology, Chemistry, Maths and English Literature)
Megan37
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Raymat)
I remember when I did Sociology it was damn boring and the only interesting part was part about the feminists.
yesssss its sooo boring, dont know why i decided to do it as a full A level
longsightdon
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
physics - mainly the experiments
Gnomes&Knights
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Megan37)
yesssss its sooo boring, dont know why i decided to do it as a full A level
I found the part about radical feminists very interesting. I was bad at Sociology and ended up getting a D for it at AS so I dropped it. Is radical feminism taught in A2?
Bruno26
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I do: Biology, Psychology and English Literature A2

Biology~ LOVEEEEE ITTT!!! It's so interesting and I never get bored in class nor get bored doing revision for it!!!

Psychology~ Most lessons are really boring, although there are some very intriguing topics. Revision is soooo TIME CONSUMING AND BORINGGGGGGGGGGGG.....ceebs

English Literature~ HATEEEEEE ITTTT!!! I just like the lessons if we're watching the movie which is linked to the book we're studying and I don't even like poems and can't understand Shakespeare....... meh so boring, ceebs revising for it as well...have no motivation at all to revise for English....it's not even on my revision time table Although, I need a good grade for it, so I guess I need to start doing proper work for it!
Megan37
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I found the part about radical feminists very interesting. I was bad at Sociology and ended up getting a D for it at AS so I dropped it. Is radical feminism taught in A2?
not really we're just reminded of them and what their beliefs are. Dont really focus on the types to be honest just feminism all together
Nadnight258
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I took as English lit last year and wanted to cry before every lesson. I think its a matter if taste and some might like the style of lesson: there was 5 of us on the course and our lessons were sat round in circles talking about ideas and reading aloud and being the introvert that likes to just get things done and isn't particularly interested in other peoples ideas, I hated it. Also, the secret agent? Ugh!!! So that was probably my least favourite (although my highest grade because I didn't get myself worked up over doing well, I just wanted to get it over with so spouted the most magnificent bulls**t)
Comeback
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by amelimoo)
I do Biology, English Literature and Geography and I love all 3 although they all have their boring bits, I hate coasts in geography, translocation in biology and Jane Eyre in English.
Never heard of someone with the same combination of subjects as me! :eek:

It's a really good mix, I'm applying to do English Literature at university but I liked how it left the door open to science/geography related things if I wanted to.

Depending on exam board/school topics taught there is also a large amount of crossover between Geography and Biology.
Comeback
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I remember when I did Sociology it was damn boring and the only interesting part was the part about the feminists.
I found the feminist/marxist theories were quite interesting, and I also liked the politics of education policy. Apart from that it was pretty dull.

Looking back I should've chosen politics. Not that it matters now of course.
Dylann
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Economics can be quite dull sometimes...
em211997
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Definitely RS.... Its just memorizing from a text book :hand:

Posted from TSR Mobile
ancienthistory
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Nadnight258)
I took as English lit last year and wanted to cry before every lesson. I think its a matter if taste and some might like the style of lesson: there was 5 of us on the course and our lessons were sat round in circles talking about ideas and reading aloud and being the introvert that likes to just get things done and isn't particularly interested in other peoples ideas, I hated it. Also, the secret agent? Ugh!!! So that was probably my least favourite (although my highest grade because I didn't get myself worked up over doing well, I just wanted to get it over with so spouted the most magnificent bulls**t)
This is one of the reasons why Literature is my worst, albeit there are around 15 of us (half never show) but we still constantly go around the class. Then my teacher just drowns us in his own analysis - giving us each and everyone of his annotations.
LoveToArgue
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I take biology, french, maths, history and english language. I find biology the most boring because i see it as just memorising facts and reciting them in an exam, whereas for history I get really involved in the characters' stories and feel like I've somewhat got to know them through studying their life. Plus, one of my biology teachers is so bad that every lesson I feel either homicidal or suicidal, which definitely contributes to my hatred of the subject
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (158)
17.73%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (77)
8.64%
No I am happy with my course choice (529)
59.37%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (127)
14.25%

Watched Threads