The Student Room Group

Help with revision

How is it best to revise.. I'm not that patient and don't have a long attention span... :smile:
Use colour...colour solves everything.
Try and make notes (eg. spider diagrams) all on one page per topic?
For example, for biology, you could do colour coded cell diagrams, and have the page full of information only about cells?
Diagrams always help, as they ensure you actually know the stuff you'll be talking about ^-^
In history (idk if you even do it) but timelines are so helpful.
Maths, practice papers...many many practice papers. Actually this is key for all subjects... maybe try doing one 6-marker for each subject each weekend? Including marking it, so you know the information AND what the exam-board wants? :3
Reply 2
Thank you so much :smile: so helpful :biggrin:
Original post by hann4h
Thank you so much :smile: so helpful :biggrin:

It's okay ^-^
what subjects are you most worried about?
Reply 4
Original post by Pizzaa<3
It's okay ^-^
what subjects are you most worried about?

Aw thanks, mostly English as I've got it early in year 10!
:redface: make sure you memorise some key quotes for literature - maybe make a small cartoon or something?
For language, practical writing analytic paragraphs by opening a book and thinking to yourself why the writer chose to use that word :'') It sounds crazy and boring, but it helps :3
English is probably the hardest subject to revise for xD
And remember to work hard on coursework... just because you're not doing the other exams then, it doesnt mean you pay less attention and put in less effort (as I did :/)
Reply 6
Original post by Pizzaa<3
:redface: make sure you memorise some key quotes for literature - maybe make a small cartoon or something?
For language, practical writing analytic paragraphs by opening a book and thinking to yourself why the writer chose to use that word :'') It sounds crazy and boring, but it helps :3
English is probably the hardest subject to revise for xD
And remember to work hard on coursework... just because you're not doing the other exams then, it doesnt mean you pay less attention and put in less effort (as I did :/)

Thanks so much, I'll try them ideas out.. English is what I get bored with most but yeah I'll work hard at the controlled assessments to pull up the exam hopefully!

Quick Reply

Latest