thefreakoffreaks
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
So i'm hoping to gain genuine feedback, so all jokes put aside please. I've heard both phones are good and i actually favour both, so i'm in a bit of a dilemma. help?
username612415
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by thefreakoffreaks)
So i'm hoping to gain genuine feedback, so all jokes put aside please. I've heard both phones are good and i actually favour both, so i'm in a bit of a dilemma. help?
Both are great phones, but one is enormous with Android and one is tiny with iOS, there's about as far across from each other on the smartphone spectrum as it gets. Is there a particular reaosn you've settled on these two phones?
06shawm
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Go for the iPhone 5s. Really good phone and very fast with a decent camera. Only disadvantage I would say is the battery life. Solved that problem with a battery case though.
username1637647
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If you look at the technical specifications, you'll probably find that the note 3 is better than the iphone, people just tend to go for iphones because apple is a big brand and they have more/exclusive apps. I have a note 2 and one of my favourite things about it is the big screen because everything looks good on it
thefreakoffreaks
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gofre)
Both are great phones, but one is enormous with Android and one is tiny with iOS, there's about as far across from each other on the smartphone spectrum as it gets. Is there a particular reaosn you've settled on these two phones?
Well i've always had iphones so i'm more familiar and comfortable with it and i honestly believe Iphone 5s (white) is a complete banger because of the design. However, i also love Samsung Note because of the battery life, since the iphone battery is completely dreadful, and i've recently been obsessed with big phones
thefreakoffreaks
Rep:
?
(Original post by 06shawm)
Go for the iPhone 5s. Really good phone and very fast with a decent camera. Only disadvantage I would say is the battery life. Solved that problem with a battery case though.
That is one of the main reasons i want to get samsung. The battery.
thefreakoffreaks
Rep:
?
(Original post by tumblrgirl96)
If you look at the technical specifications, you'll probably find that the note 3 is better than the iphone, people just tend to go for iphones because apple is a big brand and they have more/exclusive apps. I have a note 2 and one of my favourite things about it is the big screen because everything looks good on it
I agree. my friend has Note 2 and i've became so obsessed with it, it's ridiculous!
06shawm
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
That is one of the main reasons i want to get samsung. The battery.
Wouldn't the iPhone 6 Plus be the best of both worlds then? Big screen and big battery. Plus it beats samsung in the design department.
username612415
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by tumblrgirl96)
If you look at the technical specifications, you'll probably find that the note 3 is better than the iphone
Looking at a spec sheet isn't always indicative of which phone is more powerful, especially when comparing Apple against Android/Windows Phone devices. For example the seemingly diminutive 1.4Ghz dual core processor allows the iPhone 6/6 Plus to beat out the 2Ghz+ quad core Snapdragon CPUs in the current generation of all Android flagships in all standard benchmarking tools thanks to the amount of optimisation Apple is known for doing on their mobile devices :yep: This has been the case for the last several generations, including the 5S against the class of 2013 high end 'Droids. Both are great phones offering solid performance as befitting their status as last-gen (bordering on two gens old) flagship grade devices, choosing between the radically different form factors and operating systems should be the main priority for the OP
username1637647
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Wouldn't the iPhone 6 Plus be the best of both worlds then? Big screen and big battery. Plus it beats samsung in the design department.
the iphone 6 plus has practically the same technical specifications as my phone (the note 2) and my phone is like 2/3 years old
thefreakoffreaks
Rep:
?
No? My friend has it, the design of Iphone 6 Plus is beyond ugly! Big phones do not suit Iphones. I love the iphone 5/5s design, they should've kept it at that :/
username612415
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Well i've always had iphones so i'm more familiar and comfortable with it and i honestly believe Iphone 5s (white) is a complete banger because of the design. However, i also love Samsung Note because of the battery life, since the iphone battery is completely dreadful, and i've recently been obsessed with big phones
I'd spend some time trying out phones of this size and seeing how you get on, the difference between the sub-4" iPhones and phablet sized devices like Note 3 is pretty enormous.

Is there a particular reason you've chosen the Note 3? Is it that you like the phone specifically, budget related etc?
thefreakoffreaks
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gofre)
I'd spend some time trying out phones of this size and seeing how you get on, the difference between the sub-4" iPhones and phablet sized devices like Note 3 is pretty enormous.

Is there a particular reason you've chosen the Note 3? Is it that you like the phone specifically, budget related etc?
Well I dislike Samsung Galaxy S3,4,5, and Samsung Note 4 is ridiculously expensive, so my only option is Samsung Note 3! But, i genuinely do like the phone itself, i have not problem with it.
username612415
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Well I dislike Samsung Galaxy S3,4,5, and Samsung Note 4 is ridiculously expensive, so my only option is Samsung Note 3! But, i genuinely do like the phone itself, i have not problem with it.
How much are you looking at spending? Have you considered large phones from other brands? If you don't like the S5's design then the Note 3's may not be your cup of tea either- the design language is practically identical.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (21)
6.56%
Uncertainty around my education (35)
10.94%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (37)
11.56%
Lack of purpose or motivation (46)
14.38%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (17)
5.31%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (14)
4.38%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (31)
9.69%
Financial worries (22)
6.88%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (14)
4.38%
Exposure to negative news/social media (19)
5.94%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (6)
1.88%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (34)
10.63%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (24)
7.5%

Watched Threads