Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
hitchhiker_13
No. Absolutely not.
Knowledge is very important.

couldnt say the latter better myself
maximusmak
couldnt say the latter better myself

Do you have any more Pure Maths questions that you need help with?
Reply 62
hitchhiker_13
No. Absolutely not.
Knowledge is very important.

Being able to understand and use a small amount of knowledge is more important than merely "having" a large amount.
Zapsta
Being able to understand and use a small amount of knowledge is more important than merely "having" a large amount.

This is very true.
Zapsta

But to have knowledge, one must understand it. Otherwise you don't have it.
So what modules are you doing this year Maximusmak?
Reply 66
Zapsta

a phillosopher too, your wiser that i thought
Reply 67
Renaissance

Some people know that e = mc^2 (or at least they think they do). You can know this without understanding what it means. Similarly you can know an infinite number of facts without being to understand them, thus making them useless.
Reply 68
hitchhiker_13
So what modules are you doing this year Maximusmak?

for maths its P1. P2 and S1. p1 is the questions that i have been askin, and i hope to get nothing less than a B. s1 i hope to get an A. but P2, oh my Lord, its the hardest thing going for me this year, i dnt understand anything, ill be really happy with a C, if i can get it, but if i revise hardcore i can end up with a B overall or an A, if im really lucky and the questions come out to what i hope. how bout you mate?
Zapsta
Some people know that e = mc^2 (or at least they think they do). You can know this without understanding what it means. Similarly you can know an infinite number of facts without being to understand them, thus making them useless.

Very good point, yes.
Same, on Edexcel. But I already did P1, in January.
maximusmak
for maths its P1. P2 and S1. p1 is the questions that i have been askin, and i hope to get nothing less than a B. s1 i hope to get an A. but P2, oh my Lord, its the hardest thing going for me this year, i dnt understand anything, ill be really happy with a C, if i can get it, but if i revise hardcore i can end up with a B overall or an A, if im really lucky and the questions come out to what i hope. how bout you mate?

Which board and syllabus you doing max?
Reply 72
Renaissance

not always, you can learn things without knowing the reason behind it. yes i do agree to some extent to what you're saying, but you can also understand that sometimes (like in accounts with me) just learn the format ofhow it looks and volia, your chillin. but i do agree that if you understand what you learn, its more likely to stick in your head longer than if you just learn it off my heart without understanding the concepts
Reply 73
Renaissance
Which board and syllabus you doing max?

aqa for maths. y?
Reply 74
hitchhiker_13
Same, on Edexcel. But I already did P1, in January.

what did you get?
maximusmak
aqa for maths. y?

I'm on AQA as well, syllabus B.

You on AQA B or AQA A?
Reply 76
what subs are you taking hitchhiker?
maximusmak
what did you get?

Reply 78
Renaissance
I'm on AQA as well, syllabus B.

You on AQA B or AQA A?

aqa b. looks like we're doing the same thing. what a coincidence. what other subjects are you doing?
Reply 79
hitchhiker_13

your kiding me right??? cuz if you aint, i rate you buddy, proud to hear that you acheived a MAX level and score

Latest