The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

maximusmak
aqa b. looks like we're doing the same thing. what a coincidence. what other subjects are you doing?

Yes, I'm on AQA B, I do P1, P2, and M1 for Maths.

I'm doing Mathematics, Physics, Economics, Computing and General Studies AS Levels.
Reply 81
I thought that like everyone got 100 on P1.
maximusmak
your kiding me right??? cuz if you aint, i rate you buddy, proud to hear that you acheived a MAX level and score

Thanks.
That's UMS, won't know my raw score until August.
I know what you're saying about P2 though - difficult.
Zapsta

No.
Reply 84
Renaissance
Yes, I'm on AQA B, I do P1, P2, and M1 for Maths.

I'm doing Mathematics, Physics, Economics, Computing and General Studies AS Levels.

cool, im doing MATHS, ECONOMICS, psychology and accounting (thats hard too, too many formats to learn, and the principle seems to change everytime you start off a new topic)
hitchhiker_13
Thanks.

P2 AQA B is a bit nicer than Edexcel's though. (well, the trig)
Reply 86
Renaissance
No.

My mistake then :rolleyes:
Zapsta

No. That would be a bit pointless.
But yes, it is comparitively easy, particularly if you've done additional maths GCSE in N.I. (which you don't do in the rest of UK).
maximusmak
cool, im doing MATHS, ECONOMICS, psychology and accounting (thats hard too, too many formats to learn, and the principle seems to change everytime you start off a new topic)

Which unis are you thinking of applying to, and for which course?
Reply 89
Zapsta

my mate got an A for it, its not all that, but if you broke you ankle and tibia (like i did) and had to stay at home, cant even walk, and then you turn up to lesson adn come out dummer because the teacher has taught you something that you know and learnt previously in her style of teaching which confuses you, then, well, what can i say, you gota learn it all by yourself
Zapsta
My mistake then :rolleyes:

Maybe in your school, but not in the average school.

Average for AS Level Maths is probably a D/E.
maximusmak
my mate got an A for it, its not all that, but if you broke you ankle and tibia (like i did) and had to stay at home, cant even walk, and then you turn up to lesson adn come out dummer because the teacher has taught you something that you know and learnt previously in her style of teaching which confuses you, then, well, what can i say, you gota learn it all by yourself

Or ask random strangers on UKL to help you :rolleyes:
Reply 92
hitchhiker_13
No. That would be a bit pointless.

Is it not already? I think a GCSE type system would be better, where P1 acts like a foundation paper and stonger students just skip it.
Reply 93
Renaissance
P2 AQA B is a bit nicer than Edexcel's though. (well, the trig)

its not hard if you studied it, i mean with me, i can understand it when i talk to my teacher 1-1, but then i have a very bad memory, so i forget the whole concept of, and the method, so its like learning the whole thing agian.

good thing its easier, i would have been stuck for ever if it was harder than what it is now.
Reply 94
hitchhiker_13
Thanks.

you can say that again
Reply 95
Ah, you guys are gonna have fun on P3 :smile:
Reply 96
Renaissance
Which unis are you thinking of applying to, and for which course?

bham cuz i live their, and proabably business economics or sumin to do with economics, u?
Zapsta
Is it not already? I think a GCSE type system would be better, where P1 acts like a foundation paper and stonger students just skip it.

Maybe, but you're still going to have to know all the stuff anyway, so you might as well sit the paper.
Reply 98
Zapsta
Ah, you guys are gonna have fun on P3 :smile:

i heard that the hardest of them all, i hope it aint that bad
Reply 99
hitchhiker_13
Or ask random strangers on UKL to help you :rolleyes:

well, yeah, i guess, i mean there are some people who can teach better than other, if you know what im sayin

Latest