PlayerBB
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hello! I'm taking As biology but I'm having a difficulty in studying the second unit, topic 1 about cells like eukaryotic cells, there are so many names and functions, do I have to memorize them all and if there is a way to memorize or study them in a way I can answer related questions in past papers easily?
Serine Soul
Badges: 18
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
Try diagrams and annotations.

A good way to remember the roles of the ribosomes, endoplasmic reticulum and golgi apparatus, is to make a sequence showing their contributions to each stage of protein synthesis. Like, ribosomes is the site of amino acid sequencing, RER is the site of modification etc

Hope this helps!
PlayerBB
Rep:
(Original post by enaayrah)

A good way to remember the roles of the ribosomes, endoplasmic reticulum and golgi apparatus, is to make a sequence showing their contributions to each stage of protein synthesis. Like, ribosomes is the site of amino acid sequencing, RER is the site of modification etc

Hope this helps!
Yeah i think it would really help, I've never though of that, Thanks
kkboyk
Badges: 21
Report 7 years ago
Go to www.quizlet.com and search for Biology ad whichever unit you're revising for and exam board.

It's a website that allows you to view flashcards, take quizzes and read notes which will help you memorize stuff for biology
PlayerBB
Rep:
(Original post by kkboyk)
Go to www.quizlet.com and search for Biology ad whichever unit you're revising for and exam board.

It's a website that allows you to view flashcards, take quizzes and read notes which will help you memorize stuff for biology
Oh, thanks dude! I need it haha as it's great to exmine myself after memorizing in the topic i want )
kkboyk
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by PlayerBB)
Oh, thanks dude! I need it haha as it's great to exmine myself after memorizing in the topic i want )
No problem

Are you perhaps doing AQA bio?
PlayerBB
Rep:
No problem

Are you perhaps doing AQA bio?

Yeah haha 😃 wtb what are u taking?
username1560589
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by enaayrah)

Hope this helps!
Rough endoplasmic reticulum is not primarily the site of protein modification. It is the site of translation (contains ribosomes) and transportation of proteins/mRNA.
The golgi apparatus modifies proteins.
kkboyk
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by PlayerBB)
Yeah haha ������ wtb what are u taking?
I also do AQA: they are a real b***h a lot of the times :mad:

Usually after reading my notes i go to this website to do topic based questions ( you click on the unit, then on packs) to just make me feel confident and memorize the answer, since many questions they ask are constantly repeated over the years but rephrased differently.

http://sciencemathsmaster.weebly.com/biology.html

If you are doing last year exam paper, there will be a 6 mark questions on DNA structure to function at the end, and one to do with NHS (which I still don't see how it was relevant to the question) which will piss you off -.-

Spoiler:
Show
last year thread for last years exam http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...4#post47923422
PlayerBB
Rep:
I also do AQA: they are a real b***h a lot of the times :mad:

Usually after reading my notes i go to this website to do topic based questions ( you click on the unit, then on packs) to just make me feel confident and memorize the answer, since many questions they ask are constantly repeated over the years but rephrased differently.

http://sciencemathsmaster.weebly.com/biology.html

If you are doing last year exam paper, there will be a 6 mark questions on DNA structure to function at the end, and one to do with NHS (which I still don't see how it was relevant to the question) which will piss you off -.-

Spoiler:
Show
last year thread for last years exam http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...4#post47923422
Yeah!! I saw this question and it really pissed me of like how i'm gonna know that this is the answer that they want and also there some questions that talk generally and i always don't get them right :/ but thank u for the site though!!
Serine Soul
Badges: 18
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by morgan8002)
Rough endoplasmic reticulum is not primarily the site of protein modification. It is the site of translation (contains ribosomes) and transportation of proteins/mRNA.
The golgi apparatus modifies proteins.
Ah. Thanks for the correction
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (121)
41.58%
Not yet, but I will soon (54)
18.56%
No (116)
39.86%

Watched Threads