Lange88
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi all! I've just been offered a place at Salford to study Adult Nursing this September. But they said as I already have a degree (in something completely unrelated, mind you) they're also offering me a place on their Masters course for nursing and I can choose which course to accept. I'm delighted but also pensive.

Has anyone here done a Masters in Nursing? Is it much more difficult? What were your experiences of it?
Hannahbubble91
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi! That's great, congrats! I am about to submit my application for the masters and from what I've been told it is the same in terms of course content but the pass mark is 50 percent instead of 40 percent.

Did they happen to mention how many places are left on the masters??
Lange88
Rep:
?
Thanks!

Nope, they didn't mention that, sorry!
Hannahbubble91
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've submitted my application so I hope I hear soon! Maybe we will be meeting in September
sammy_e
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Lange88)
Hi all! I've just been offered a place at Salford to study Adult Nursing this September. But they said as I already have a degree (in something completely unrelated, mind you) they're also offering me a place on their Masters course for nursing and I can choose which course to accept. I'm delighted but also pensive.

Has anyone here done a Masters in Nursing? Is it much more difficult? What were your experiences of it?

Hi!!!

My friends have been on the Masters in Nursing and they raved about it. Its 3 years unlike other MA courses I have seen and same amount of placements, etc. I've also spoken to relatives who are experienced nurses and told me if Salford offer me the Masters to bite their hand off . Can I ask when you were interviewed? I'm waiting hearing back from Salford myself following my interview.

Congratulations!!
Lange88
Rep:
?
Thanks sammy! I was waiting about 2 weeks between interview and offer
lpurchon
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by sammy_e)
Hi!!!

My friends have been on the Masters in Nursing and they raved about it. Its 3 years unlike other MA courses I have seen and same amount of placements, etc. I've also spoken to relatives who are experienced nurses and told me if Salford offer me the Masters to bite their hand off . Can I ask when you were interviewed? I'm waiting hearing back from Salford myself following my interview.

Congratulations!!
Hi! I have been offered a place on the BSc Children's Nursing course but was advised to enquire about the Masters if it was something I was interested in. Do you know if the funding is different on the Masters to the BSc? That's the only aspect that concerns me! Thanks x
sammy_e
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by lpurchon)
Hi! I have been offered a place on the BSc Children's Nursing course but was advised to enquire about the Masters if it was something I was interested in. Do you know if the funding is different on the Masters to the BSc? That's the only aspect that concerns me! Thanks x

Funding is exactly the same. If you nervous though check with the admissions team as they are beyond helpful x
lpurchon
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Funding is exactly the same. If you nervous though check with the admissions team as they are beyond helpful x
Thanks so much! I will contact them and register my interest. Have you heard back from your application? X
sammy_e
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes. Ive been given a place on the Adult Nursing Masters Best of Luck x
Hannahbubble91
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Me too Sammy!! Can't wait to start!
Nataliejane1992
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi all, I have applied for masters in mental health nursing , had my interview at beginning of March but still haven't heard back yet!!

Just wondering whether anybody has any ideas when I may find out?

Thanks very much
Natalie
Hannahbubble91
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I heard around 2 weeks later but that was for adult. I would maybe email the admissions coordinator asking for an idea?
Katy_dc
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by lpurchon)
Hi I was offered unconditional for the masters for children's nursing too! Have you heard back from the uni yet? x
Gardens234
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes. Ive been given a place on the Adult Nursing Masters Best of Luck x
Hi sammy, I’m thinking of applying for my masters this year can I ask what the course is like ? Is it very difficult or is it okay?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Salford
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Salford
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (26)
7.22%
They might tell the bully (34)
9.44%
I don't think they'd understand (55)
15.28%
It might lead to more bullying (139)
38.61%
There's nothing they could do (106)
29.44%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise