The Student Room Group

Gap year

Hi yaaaaaa!!!
Is anyone else taking a gap year to go travelling?
I'm planning to go to Ghana in Jan next year for 7 months to teach, work in an orphanage and travel. I can't wait!!! :biggrin: :biggrin:
If anyone is going on a gap year where r u going?
R u going with an organisation?
What do you plan to do?
How do u plan on raising money to pay for it?
Reply 1
I'm also taking a Gap year

going to Tanzania for 6 months+ to do either a community resourse programme or health education programme with SPW, they're a really genuine organisation that seem to make a lot of sense (the promise not to send u over to paint a wall that a local could easily do), half their volunteers come from the country which sounds a lot better than a load of westerns imposing themselves

as for paying for it all, a gap year is 15 months, so i'll be a hard slog doing menial jobs for not much more than the minimum wage while i'm in England to fund it. Might dip into my savings tho.

Quite a few of my friends are taking one which means i won't be the only one not off to uni, that helps,

hope u enjoy urs!!!
I am coming to the end of 2 gap years. I have done quite a bit of travelling round europe and alot of boring work. Looking forward to getting back to uni now!
i'm off to china for 12 months teaching english. will spend about 3 months travelling around the rest of the time will be spent teaching english. costs £3850, i've already raised about £2200 and i'm going with the organisation Project Trust. Should be good fun.
Reply 4
Im off to England to be a nanny, just like Mary Poppins... :biggrin: And im trying to persuade my grandfather to take me to Arabia after that.
how much does it cost to do a gap year? is there any funding or anything that allow lees fortunate ppl have a gap year abroad to?

Latest

Trending

Trending