The Student Room Group

Is it acceptable to chase up a recruiter?

At present, I'm job hunting and have a few things in the pipeline. I received a generic email from one company a few days after my interview to invite me into a branch for a half day to get a better understanding of how the company runs and was provided with a list of 6 dates. Of these, I had to select my top 3 most preferable dates and send that in an email reply.

I received said email last Sunday, and I replied on Monday. In my reply, I mentioned that the dates I'd selected would allow me to miss the fewest amount of lectures at uni and sort out travel arrangements. However I'm yet to hear back and, with the nearest of my chosen dates being in less than a week, I'd like some sort of confirmation or response.

Furthermore, the address that the original email was sent from differs from the address in the footer of the email, even though it was sent to me by the same person.

Is it acceptable to send a follow up email to:

A) check my reply was received
B) politely remind the company that the dates I selected fall within the next week?
Original post by alexholmes
At present, I'm job hunting and have a few things in the pipeline. I received a generic email from one company a few days after my interview to invite me into a branch for a half day to get a better understanding of how the company runs and was provided with a list of 6 dates. Of these, I had to select my top 3 most preferable dates and send that in an email reply.

I received said email last Sunday, and I replied on Monday. In my reply, I mentioned that the dates I'd selected would allow me to miss the fewest amount of lectures at uni and sort out travel arrangements. However I'm yet to hear back and, with the nearest of my chosen dates being in less than a week, I'd like some sort of confirmation or response.

Furthermore, the address that the original email was sent from differs from the address in the footer of the email, even though it was sent to me by the same person.

Is it acceptable to send a follow up email to:

A) check my reply was received
B) politely remind the company that the dates I selected fall within the next week?

Yes, just be polite about doing it. Recruiters generally work most with those they know are pushing for a job (ie. if you presume they'll find you a job and leave them alone they will just keep you at the bottom of the pile) so it's a good think to keep in touch.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending