Turn on thread page Beta

Why aren't there any exams Friday afternoon? watch

ReputationRep:
    The title is self-explanatory...I am just curious...there are only exams in the morning on Fridays...any special reason?

ReputationRep:
    ya, coz exams are generally over 2 days for one subject, and first session is in the afternoon followed by the second in the morning. Afternoon on friday would give too big of a gap

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahwhatevver)
    The title is self-explanatory...I am just curious...there are only exams in the morning on Fridays...any special reason?
    so the moderators can get ready to go out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    so the moderators can get ready to go out.
    haha...I was thinking more along the lines of how the IB wanted to give their "dear" students a break...a nice "relaxing, long weekend" would do the exam takers good... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    The "IB" and "nice" dont go together in one sentance. Its againts Grammer rules :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by awaiting)
    The "IB" and "nice" dont go together in one sentance. Its againts Grammer rules :P
    sorry i know it might sound stupid but i always see IB and i dont know what it means. can someone tell me

ReputationRep:
    ya, coz exams are generally over 2 days for one subject, and first session is in the afternoon followed by the second in the morning. Afternoon on friday would give too big of a gap
    *thoughtful silence*
    I had never thought of that before...very clever awaiting!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    sorry i know it might sound stupid but i always see IB and i dont know what it means. can someone tell me
    You are on the IB Discussion sub-forum not knowing what the IB is?! :eek: :eek:
    hehe...just kidding! I don't know if you are serious or not it means International Baccalaureate and a whole lot of other very creative names that we think it stands for!! (check it out on one of these threads here if you are curious)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    are you TRYING to be annoying?

ReputationRep:
    ok thanks i knew it was that international one but i thought it was something else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    ok thanks i knew it was that international one but i thought it was something else.
    What did you think it was?

ReputationRep:
    yea maybe 'chats' confused it with the other names posted on the IB Discussions forum...*rolls eyes*

ReputationRep:
    yea maybe 'chats' confused it with the other names posted on the IB Discussions forum...*rolls eyes*
    *chiding* Now now, just because you are in the middle of exams and under a lot of stress doesn't mean you get to be super sarcastic...

ReputationRep:
    What did you think it was?
    i dont know, someone sed sumfing bout the IB givin us a break and i just thought what have they got 2 do with edexcel, aqa exams?
    never mind me i'm not as smart as u guys/girls

ReputationRep:
    You are on the IB Discussion sub-forum not knowing what the IB is?! :eek: :eek:
    hehe...just kidding! I don't know if you are serious or not it means International Baccalaureate and a whole lot of other very creative names that we think it stands for!! (check it out on one of these threads here if you are curious)
    oh yeh and i've never been to the IB sub forum when i came here this thread was in the academic section so dont :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    i dont know, someone sed sumfing bout the IB givin us a break and i just thought what have they got 2 do with edexcel, aqa exams?
    never mind me i'm not as smart as u guys/girls
    trust me, you don't have to be smart to do the IB...true, that person may not be getting straight 7s but they can still do it, AND pass! (I am an example here...)

ReputationRep:
    ok i admit i do not know what the IB is. ive heard bout it but i do alevels i dont know how i stumbled on this thread. im so sorry.............oh yeh is the IB for international students only?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    ok i admit i do not know what the IB is. ive heard bout it but i do alevels i dont know how i stumbled on this thread. im so sorry.............oh yeh is the IB for international students only?
    If I come across as being mean and sarcastic the credit goes to the IB exams... sorry about that!
    In answer to your question, the IB is for anyone who is interested enough to go through the two year course...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    No not at all, there are quite a few schools in the uk that do the IB because they think it better than a levels, anyone can do them really, as long as you speak fluently english, french or spanish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cordy_star)
    No not at all, there are quite a few schools in the uk that do the IB because they think it better than a levels, anyone can do them really, as long as you speak fluently english, french or spanish
    oh ok. so how is it marked A,B,C etc or is it different.
    say u needed BBB to do a course what would this be in IB.
    i'm not gonna do IB now ive nearly finished alevels but its useful to know.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.