The Student Room Group

English language A2 coursework-urgent help!!

I missed the lesson where we were given details of what to include in our coursework, such as what to put in an introduction, methodology etc. I tried asking my teacher on many occasions however he's not exactly secretive for his dislike towards me and basically, hasn't told me.

I honestly don't know what to do for each of the parts of my coursework; I think I'm going to do the language of childrens science books compared to those of a GCSE level. However I don't know what to include in any of the parts-especially the analysis. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!!
Is this for AQA English Language B?
Reply 2
Hey I did my investigation comparing old children's books and a newer edition of the same story, but i think you could use pretty much the same structure i did, just substitute subheadings for something more relevant. Regardless to whether your info correlates to your hypothesis, always give a reason for why this may or may not be eg you hypothesize syntax would be simpler in the younger audience text, if this is true then say why, you could bring in Piaget and how children can only learn structures that they are cognitively 'ready' for (hypothetically).
Anyway, structure:
Introduction
-background info
-reasoning for investigation
-hypothesis
-methodology
Analysis:
‘SMOG” Readability Test
Grammar
Syntax
Punctuation
Lexis and Semantics
Orthography
Pragmatics
graphology
Conclusion
-what you found, why these may be present
Evaluation
-why your investigation may be limited eg it's small scale, you only looked at 'x' amount of books

Hope this helps!
Reply 3
and don't forget a bibliography naming both websites, books or any other resources you use! Cannot stress this enough!
Reply 4
Original post by emmmmmmaxx
Is this for AQA English Language B?

It is
Reply 5
Original post by SerenaM95
Hey I did my investigation comparing old children's books and a newer edition of the same story, but i think you could use pretty much the same structure i did, just substitute subheadings for something more relevant. Regardless to whether your info correlates to your hypothesis, always give a reason for why this may or may not be eg you hypothesize syntax would be simpler in the younger audience text, if this is true then say why, you could bring in Piaget and how children can only learn structures that they are cognitively 'ready' for (hypothetically).
Anyway, structure:
Introduction
-background info
-reasoning for investigation
-hypothesis
-methodology
Analysis:
‘SMOG” Readability Test
Grammar
Syntax
Punctuation
Lexis and Semantics
Orthography
Pragmatics
graphology
Conclusion
-what you found, why these may be present
Evaluation
-why your investigation may be limited eg it's small scale, you only looked at 'x' amount of books

Hope this helps!

Oh my gosh this is SO helpful, thank you so much!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Looks like it has all been explained, good luck with your investigation :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Daulk
Oh my gosh this is SO helpful, thank you so much!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Glad I could help! :smile: Good luck, i hope you do well :biggrin:
Reply 8
Just wanted to say thank you all so much for the help, I ended up getting a B on the investigation and an A on the media text, which evened it all out to a high B :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending