The Student Room Group

A level resit blog

Was too late for 'grow your grades'.

I got ABCCD in Maths, Bio, Chem, Music and FM respectively. Resitting FM, Bio and Chem modules. Hopeing to change BCD into AAA+.

This is my study blog.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Good luck.
Reply 2
Lol why did you do 5?
Cocky ****
Original post by keromedic

I got ABCCD in Maths, Bio, Chem, Music and FM respectively. Resitting FM, Bio and Chem modules. Hopeing to change BCD into AAA+.

This is my study blog.

This is my study blog.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You are already studying medicine. What's the point of this?

This is my study blog.

For some bizarre reason, I thought you were already in medschool..
Reply 5
Med school with ABCCD lol
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by jenigma
Original post by Baby Milo
Good luck.

Thanks BM :smile:.

Original post by naxiv
Lol why did you do 5?
Cocky ****

Reasons :tongue:.

Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not, aha. I wanted to but circumstances affected my performance in year 13.
Original post by jenigma

Thanks but nope. But if my resits go to plan, I'll hopefully apply in October for med skl :biggrin:.

Original post by naxiv
Med school with ABCCD lol

Correct point. Could have said it nicer though.
Reply 7
Thanks BM :smile:.

Reasons :tongue:.

Correct point. Could have said it nicer though.

You're obvs an intelligent person but why 5? Surely if you did 4, you'd have at least gotten AABB, or better. Where you being cocky? Best of luck
If anyone can do that easily, it's you Kerron! Good luck 👍
Get off TSR and do some work then FFS.
Good luck :fluffy: dont leave anything to the last minute
This fortnight's study goals are actually last week's as last week was a fail. Hopefully these will be complete by Sunday 8th. Then It will run from normal Monday to Sunday (one week).

Mathematics
Complete Chapter 3 and 4 of Fp2
Complete Chapter 1 of Fp3
Complete Chapter 1 of M2
Make a little start on Chapter 1 of S2

Chemistry
Get up to Esters in F324
Make a start of F325

Biology
Finish Chapter 1-Populations
Make a start on Bio 5

My targets for Bio/Chem are a bit vague as I don't know how fast I'll study or how I'm going to do it. I know that I want to get through the sylabi for my modules by the end of April so I have May to work on weak areas and do pps.
(edited 9 years ago)
Well that was a fail :tongue:.
Original post by darkred
Good luck :fluffy: dont leave anything to the last minute

Oh darky. I've failed :sad:.
Well that was a fail :tongue:.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How?

Have not started revision.
Some stuff happened so the start to my studying was delayed a bit. (I was never at home and it was almost impossible to study where I was) Things are back to normal.

I've decided to hire tutors for my A level resits. I don't really struggle with understanding the content but I'm paranoid that I won't have the self-motivation from here to my exams. So I'm viewing them as mainly people I can check in with and who'll suggest what I should work on in the week before the next session. And of course, it won't hurt that they'll be able to answer any questions I have.

I had my first Chemistry tutor session earlier this week. It was good. I did a few questions of a past paper. There was quite a bit I was rusty on or did not know so I think my decision to start from scratch with the modules is sound. My next session is in 2 weeks and I've said I'll complete modules 1 and 2 of F324 by that point. I've already done half of module 1.

I had my first Further Maths session. I did exercises from the 1st (kinematics) chapter of M2. I've said I'll do a range of questions from the exercises and will have Chapters 1 and 2 done by the next lesson (2 weeks). I've also been told 2 do two past papers. It will be difficult as my knowledge of the rest of the content is very limited but at least it will mean I'm getting more practice (I will do a lot of pps when I've covered the syllabus but am also doing 2+ papers every 2 weeks). Did some exercises from Ch1 of S2. Here, the tutor was actually helpful as I sometimes have trouble visualising how things work in stats from the Tbook and she was able to explain it. I'll do exercises from that Chapter in the next couple of weeks.

My job start date has been delayed till the 8th. I'm glad about this as it gives me more time to work on stuff. Have my maths tutor on Monday.

I'm delaying D1 till May. I'm working on Fp2/Fp3 myself. I've made a start on the hyperbolics chapter today in Fp3 and hope to perhaps finish that tomorrow. I've finished chatper 3 of Fp2 and have started Chapter 4.
(edited 8 years ago)
Some stuff happened so the start to my studying was delayed a bit. (I was never at home and it was almost impossible to study where I was) Things are back to normal.

I've decided to hire tutors for my A level resits. I don't struggle with understanding the content but I'm paranoid that I won't have the self-motivation from here to my exams. So I'm viewing them as mainly people I can check in with and who'll suggest what I should work on in the next week before the next session. And of course, it won't hurt that they'll be able to answer any questions I have.

I had my first Chemistry tutor session earlier this week. It was good. I did a few questions of a past papers. There was quite a bit I was rusty on or did not know so I think my decision to start from scratch with the modules is sound. My next session is in 2 weeks and I've said I'll complete modules 1 and 2 of F324 by that point. I've already done half of module 1.

I had my first Further Maths session. I did exercises from the 1st (kinematics) chapter of M2. I've said I'll do a range of questions from the exercises and will have Chapters 1 and 2 done by the next lesson (2 weeks). I've also been told 2 do two past papers. It will be difficult as my knowledge of the rest of the content is very limited but at least it will mean I'm getting more practice (I will do a lot of pps when I've covered the syllabus but am also doing 2+ papers every 2 weeks). Did some exercises from Ch1 of S2. Here, the tutor was actually helpful as I sometimes have trouble visualising how things work in stats from the Tbook and she was able to explain it. I'll do exercises from that Chapter in the next couple of weeks.

My job start date has been delayed till the 8th. I'm glad about this as it gives me more time to work on stuff. Have my maths tutor on Monday.

I'm delaying D1 till May. I'm working on Fp2/Fp3 myself. I've made a start on the hyperbolics chapter today in Fp3 and hope to perhaps finish that tomorrow. I've finished chatper 3 of Fp2 and have started Chapter 4.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nice 😎😃.Keep the good work up 👍.
D1 is easy but I wouldn't delay it until may. Do past papers for it as it's a good opportunity to get a high UMS score and take some of the pressure off the FP units.
Original post by Red Fox
D1 is easy but I wouldn't delay it until may. Do past papers for it as it's a good opportunity to get a high UMS score and take some of the pressure off the FP units.

You're probably right. I'll slot it in later this week but it is going to receive the least priority I think. Think I'll learn by open book past papers as opposed to a ton of exercises.

Quick Reply

Latest