Help with an email asking about work experience? Im In Year 10 Watch

Dwellcut
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I need to send an email to a (hospital or clinic) to ask whether it would be possible to do work experience there for a week

Who do I address the email to?
How should I start it? (can you write the sentence for me if possible? because I can never start letters/emails)
What should I include?
Any other advice?
(i'm in year 10_

(GUYS IF THERES ANY WORK EXPERIENCE FOR 15 YEAR OLDS AT HOSPITALS OR CLINICS COULD YOU PLEASE GET BACK TO ME ASAP)
please i would appreciate it.

thanks for your help! =)

BryonyG98
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Do you think you want to go into nursing or medicine as that might effect how you write the letter (:

I would not write an email, send a letter, it looks like you have put more effort in.

I would suggest (although I didn't do this myself):

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing you to discover whether there are any opportunities for a week of work experience in one of the wards at your hospital. I am 15 years old and in the future I wish to study (x) and I feel that work experience in the hospital will help me in this endeavor.

(Paragraph about why you wish to study (x))

Yours Faithfully

(Dwellcut)

(Signature)

Don't forget correct letter protocol, Yours Faithfully with Sir/Madam and Yours Sincerely if you write the name of the person. Also remember the date and a return address. I would suggest that you do not use abbreviations unless necessary. Double check spelling and grammar and then get someone else to as well!

A quick search of the internet and I found the guide in the attachment

Please note that this is not my school and is readily available on the internet.
Attached files
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bradford
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate Open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Oct '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (65)
23.13%
No (216)
76.87%

Watched Threads