Medical Sciences at Exeter Watch

Gump
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi,

i have an offer to study Medical Sciences (pharmacology) in September at Exeter University. Does anyone know what campus would be best for accommodation for this course? Steatham or St Luke's as want to be as near as possible. Thanks in advance.
Fortauna
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi! I have an offer too so I'll be lurking this thread for an answer. I went to the offer holder day last Wednesday and did ask this but it was quite vague - basically you are split over both campuses but apparently you do more lectures and labs at streatham in first year, so I'm guessing it would be better to pick one nearer to streatham (but not so far north that it's too far to walk to St Luke's) however I'm not sure the names of the best accommodations (and those to stay clear of) so hopefully you'll get a better answer than this.
Jm.field
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey. Can I ask when you both received your offers? I'm still waiting for a response. Cheers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Gump
Rep:
?
(Original post by Fortauna)
Hi! I have an offer too so I'll be lurking this thread for an answer. I went to the offer holder day last Wednesday and did ask this but it was quite vague - basically you are split over both campuses but apparently you do more lectures and labs at streatham in first year, so I'm guessing it would be better to pick one nearer to streatham (but not so far north that it's too far to walk to St Luke's) however I'm not sure the names of the best accommodations (and those to stay clear of) so hopefully you'll get a better answer than this.
Thanks for the reply, I'm going to an offer day on March 11th so I'll ask them the same question and hopefully they won't be as vague!
Gump
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jm.field)
Hey. Can I ask when you both received your offers? I'm still waiting for a response. Cheers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got mine on the 12th so not too long ago, I applied back in October so it was a long wait...
swanseajack1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
james owen is in town between the 2 campuses as is the printworks a private hall
Gump
Rep:
?
(Original post by swanseajack1)
james owen is in town between the 2 campuses as is the printworks a private hall
Thanks for that, i'll have a look at them.
Fortauna
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
I applied mid October and heard back around 18th November. Sorry to hear you're still waiting - I know the feeling as I'm still waiting for Bath. I hope you hear back soon
Jm.field
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thanks for your help. Hopefully I'll hear soon. Still waiting for UCL and Manchester too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Gump
Rep:
?
Thanks for your help. Hopefully I'll hear soon. Still waiting for UCL and Manchester too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have a friend who is still waiting to hear from Exeter. Waiting is horrible!
Hope you hear soon.
Nephron97
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Gump)
Hi,

i have an offer to study Medical Sciences (pharmacology) in September at Exeter University. Does anyone know what campus would be best for accommodation for this course? Steatham or St Luke's as want to be as near as possible. Thanks in advance.
Hey, I've just been to an offers only visiting day for medical sciences at Exeter and asked this question to a few students doing the same course, they gave the impression most of the medical science students live on Streatham campus somewhere like Lafrawder. As Streatham is the main campus, activities like freshers be more based here as well. There's are also a few shuttle buses running in the morning and afternoon from Streatham and St lukes but only at certain times.
Lau85
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've also applied for Exeter Medical Science. I've an offer for Cellular and Molecular at Bristol but ideally Exeter is where I'd like to go.
I applied in December and I'm panicking a little now, lol.
Inwas declined from Cardiff, offer from UWE for Biomedical and still awaiting to hear from Bath
Ben_14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Gump)
Hi,

I went to the offer holders day yesterday and as far as i can tell, LaFrowda on Streatham campus seems to be the best option for pretty much the reasons already mentioned in the thread. Good luck!
Lau85
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I received an offer today. Really happy, firmed it straight away!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ben_14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Lau85)
I received an offer today. Really happy, firmed it straight away!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Congrats! See you all in September!
Lau85
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
ceafyh
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If you have had an offer for medical science at the university of exeter and putting it as your firm choice, please join the "Exeter University Medical Science Freshers 2015-2016" Facebook page. Questions are welcome
ceafyh
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Lafrowda is definitely the best choice! best location for everything
Aneesha1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi guys what were all ur offers?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Exeter Campuses Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Exeter Campuses Undergraduate
    Sat, 1 Jun '19

How has 2019 been so far?