The Student Room Group

Teesside University BA hons Concept Art

Is anyone on here applying to or attending Teesside's new concept art course in September?

I've decided it might be a good idea to learn and maybe get to know who I will be with, seeing as I will be quite a long way from home!

:biggrin:
I think there was someone in the main Teesside thread who is :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by AlphaDog0127
I think there was someone in the main Teesside thread who is :smile:

Thank you! :smile:
Original post by Jemma_
Thank you! :smile:

np, hopefully more people will show up closer to summer :biggrin:
Reply 4
np, hopefully more people will show up closer to summer :biggrin:

I hope so too, always good to know who will be on your course or potentially put into accommodation with you :smile:
Original post by Jemma_
I hope so too, always good to know who will be on your course or potentially put into accommodation with you :smile:

Do you know which accom you will apply for yet?
Reply 6
Do you know which accom you will apply for yet?

I think i'll go for woodland halls, what about you? :smile:

Do teesside have to contact you about applying after you've accepted an offer?
Original post by Jemma_

As a student at the LSE, it is my belief that there is a plethora of other degree options which offer a far superior monetary reward for a fraction of the study time of concept art.- FGGF
Original post by Jemma_

I'll be renting a house with a few friends near the Uni :smile: and the Uni will contact you about accommodation, you have to fill out a form with which one you want as first choice etc but that wont be for a little while.
Reply 9
I'll be renting a house with a few friends near the Uni :smile: and the Uni will contact you about accommodation, you have to fill out a form with which one you want as first choice etc but that wont be for a little while.

Is it your first year? :smile:
ah okay that's no problem it's all just a bit worrying when they take a while to do something.
Thank you!
Original post by Jemma_
Is it your first year? :smile:
ah okay that's no problem it's all just a bit worrying when they take a while to do something.
Thank you!

I'm in foundation this year, so technically will be first year with you guys :biggrin:
Reply 11
I'm in foundation this year, so technically will be first year with you guys :biggrin:

What subject are you studying? :biggrin:
Original post by Jemma_
What subject are you studying? :biggrin:

Computer Animation and VFX :smile: I might swap courses after foundation, not decided on that yet :biggrin:
Reply 13
Computer Animation and VFX :smile: I might swap courses after foundation, not decided on that yet :biggrin:

That's cool! I don't have the patience for animation. How are you finding it?
What would you switch to? :smile:
Original post by Jemma_
That's cool! I don't have the patience for animation. How are you finding it?
What would you switch to? :smile:

The foundation is primarily for drawing, which I'm fine with. As for animating... it's ok, I only do it during first year and after that it's pure VFX :biggrin:

Possibly switch to Game Art? My friend is having a lot of fun on that and he doesn't seem to get as worked up as my animation flatmates XD That or one of the new courses that they didn't offer when I applied :smile:
Reply 15
The foundation is primarily for drawing, which I'm fine with. As for animating... it's ok, I only do it during first year and after that it's pure VFX :biggrin:

Possibly switch to Game Art? My friend is having a lot of fun on that and he doesn't seem to get as worked up as my animation flatmates XD That or one of the new courses that they didn't offer when I applied :smile:

Do you do life drawing as a part of the course? life drawing is great.

Game art is my insurance choice as i wasn't too sure whether to do it or just all concept art. Animation seems like it would be very stressful and very very time consuming.

would you like to be something in the games industry when you finish :smile:?
Original post by Jemma_
Do you do life drawing as a part of the course? life drawing is great.

Game art is my insurance choice as i wasn't too sure whether to do it or just all concept art. Animation seems like it would be very stressful and very very time consuming.

would you like to be something in the games industry when you finish :smile:?

Not as part of the course but School of Computing have the option to do it for free twice a week in the evening :smile: And yes possibly end up in games, there or film... of course advertising/commercial etc is the back up as there's always work lol

How about you? Where do you see yourself headed?
Reply 17
Not as part of the course but School of Computing have the option to do it for free twice a week in the evening :smile: And yes possibly end up in games, there or film... of course advertising/commercial etc is the back up as there's always work lol

How about you? Where do you see yourself headed?

Oh that's good to know that it's free!
It would be amazing to work on big films using a lot of VFX :smile:

I hopefully see myself working as a conceptual artist for a games company maybe like Rockstar North or wherever I can get as it's rather competitive! Being a concept artist for a few movies etc wouldn't be so bad either but the real dream is the video games!
Hey there! I just found this thread. Looks like we're going to be colleagues next month. :smile:
Original post by Jemma_
Is anyone on here applying to or attending Teesside's new concept art course in September?

I've decided it might be a good idea to learn and maybe get to know who I will be with, seeing as I will be quite a long way from home!

:biggrin:

I'm a 15 year old artist and I've been looking at Teesside as an university choice, how is it there?

Quick Reply

Latest