Girls With Short Hair - opinions? Watch

username457532
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Frostyjoe)
Our opinion was asked and I provided it?
You know people don't change their appearance for YOU, right?
Emily.97
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have long, thick hair that I've been growing for the last year or so. It's really healthy etc and looks like this:

http://gorillawire.com/wp-content/up...obrev-hair.jpg

It takes me ages to brush though so I'm thinking of getting a completely different hairstyle, something like:

http://www.ghairstyle.com/wp-content...arge-curls.jpg

I'm single and don't want a bf for ages, and my hair grows quickly. Will I regret losing it/ruin my attractiveness, though? I've had short hair before and it looks nice but am always getting compliments on my long hair.
I love short hair on women. I find it quirky, cool and confident.

I used to have long hair when I was younger and I've been through all the different hair lengths. Go for what is best for you, and don't hold back because of other peoples expectations etc.
I have short hair now and recently went for the shortest haircut yet- I used to have assymetrical but now have it short on both sides. It depend on personal preference. But I can't stand it when my hair starts getting in the way or is in my face, so short hair is easier for me.
If you don't like it, then its no big deal: short hair grows back quickly, and I mean quickly!!
What you're going for isn't hugely short so I dont think it'll take you that long to adjust to.
I have short hair because its what I prefer. Its more manageable for me, it suits me better, and I don't like long hair. I couldn't care less about the opinions of others. If you don't do it you'll only be saying 'what if' and it isn't the end of the world if you don't particularly like it.
Go for it!
Plumstone
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Have your hair how you like - it's yours to do with what you will! And regardless of whether you're planning to get a boyfriend soon or not, it's not such a drastic change that it would affect things like that anyway - a guy isn't going to quibble about a few inches of hair! It's not like you're getting a skrillex cut!

Personally, I had my hair cut short to a very similar style to your second picture when I was 11 and I kept it that way very happily until I was 14 when I started growing it again.

Now it's hip-length and I wouldn't ever cut it short again because this is what suits me best (and my boyfriend loves my long hair, so he's be nearly as upset as me if I cut it short).

Ultimately, though, it's your decision - I completely understand the attraction of decreased maintenance!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (155)
17.73%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (76)
8.7%
No I am happy with my course choice (516)
59.04%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (127)
14.53%

Watched Threads