The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 history coursework 'Short-term significance' question help?!

I'm doing the short term significance of the Pilgrimage of Grace and I have my 5 primary sources, & a selection of quotes from secondary sources but I have no understanding of what the short term significance is at all- and I have no idea how to structure the damn thing. I separated it into Intro/Religious/Socio-economic & agricultural/Political & legal/Conclusion but it feels like all I have are sources telling me about the CAUSES of the Pilgrimage rather than the short term significance- I showed my plan to my teacher a while back but it was basically a load of quotes about the causes under 'religious' 'political' etc and he said that was fine- any ideas on how to structure this?
Reply 1
I suggest more reading around the topic, and looking at anything that follows your event if there are any of the same themes link them together and say the pilgrimage caused it or that it was a key factor in triggering whatever caused it. Key themes such as if it was a nationalist act or key individual that led it, and is it to late to change to a new topic that you do know the impact of?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending