I dont want to attend my firm offer?! Watch
More about the University of Manchester
Predicted ABB, got a conditional offer from Manc uni for straight Economics of AAB. Was rejected by Queens for having low predicted grades ( wanted 3 As) but i really want to go there. Lets say Queens are in clearing for my course (which they have been past few years) how would i go about applying there if ive met my conditional offer of AAB. I wouldnt be elidgable for adjustment or clearing but i know theres a strong chance they would largley consider me and possibly offer me a place with AAB grades.
Posted from TSR Mobile
- that Queens has places in Clearing
- that Queens will drop their entry requirements in Clearing - which unis don't always do
If both of those conditions were met, you'd have to ask Manchester to release you and then apply to Queen's in Clearing. However, this has a number of pitfalls
- Queens aren't meant to talk to you about Clearing until you've been released by your firm and you have a clearing number (though in reality some unis still will talk to you)
- you'll have to wait for Manchester to release you. This could be quick or it could take several days - this varies by department and by year, but last year there were some people at Manchester who were kept waiting for several days (but on the other hand many were released promptly)
- by the time Manchester releases you, any remaining places at Queen's may have disappeared
This is a path that you should only embark upon if you'd be happy to take a gap year if it doesn't go to plan - bearing in mind that if you were to reapply with AAB, Queen's may still not give you an offer.