Freebreezhoe
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Predicted ABB, got a conditional offer from Manc uni for straight Economics of AAB. Was rejected by Queens for having low predicted grades ( wanted 3 As) but i really want to go there. Lets say Queens are in clearing for my course (which they have been past few years) how would i go about applying there if ive met my conditional offer of AAB. I wouldnt be elidgable for adjustment or clearing but i know theres a strong chance they would largley consider me and possibly offer me a place with AAB grades.
reallydontknow
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Freebreezhoe)
Predicted ABB, got a conditional offer from Manc uni for straight Economics of AAB. Was rejected by Queens for having low predicted grades ( wanted 3 As) but i really want to go there. Lets say Queens are in clearing for my course (which they have been past few years) how would i go about applying there if ive met my conditional offer of AAB. I wouldnt be elidgable for adjustment or clearing but i know theres a strong chance they would largley consider me and possibly offer me a place with AAB grades.
I think you have to tell your firm to release you into clearing which can take a while.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Origami Bullets
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
This assumes two things
- that Queens has places in Clearing
- that Queens will drop their entry requirements in Clearing - which unis don't always do

If both of those conditions were met, you'd have to ask Manchester to release you and then apply to Queen's in Clearing. However, this has a number of pitfalls
- Queens aren't meant to talk to you about Clearing until you've been released by your firm and you have a clearing number (though in reality some unis still will talk to you)
- you'll have to wait for Manchester to release you. This could be quick or it could take several days - this varies by department and by year, but last year there were some people at Manchester who were kept waiting for several days (but on the other hand many were released promptly)
- by the time Manchester releases you, any remaining places at Queen's may have disappeared

This is a path that you should only embark upon if you'd be happy to take a gap year if it doesn't go to plan - bearing in mind that if you were to reapply with AAB, Queen's may still not give you an offer.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Manchester
    Undergraduate Undergraduate
    Fri, 19 Jun '20
    Sat, 20 Jun '20
    Sat, 3 Oct '20

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (141)
17.89%
It's just nice to be back! (213)
27.03%
Not great so far... (282)
35.79%
I want to drop out! (152)
19.29%

Watched Threads