LouiseR1980
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I've accepted Psychology BSc (Hons) as my first choice. Who else is starting in September? Would be nice to know people before we start.

Louise
PsychologyNerdy
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
me!
LouiseR1980
Rep:
?
Did you get to the applicant event?
PWP2CBT
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Top tip from a current psychology student! Make a course facebook page (something along the lines of "Northumbria University Psychology 2015/2016") and you'll funnel everyone on your course from the freshers groups into one place! I did this before I started and now the majority of the year is in the group as well as some third years and staff. It's a brilliant way to meet people and talk about assignments once the course has started!
LouiseR1980
Rep:
?
Thanks Charlotte, can anyone set up the page? can it be done before enrollment?
PWP2CBT
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by LouiseR1980)
Thanks Charlotte, can anyone set up the page? can it be done before enrollment?
Yeah they can! I just made a facebook group titled "Northumbria University Psychology 2013/2016" and advertised it in all the freshers groups for students to join. Have a search of that in your Facebook if you wanna see what mine is like. You could set it up whenever you wanted because it's not an official northumbria page, just a way of getting to know people on your course!
LouiseR1980
Rep:
?
thanks. Ive requested to join your group of thats ok? How would i promote it at freshers events?
PWP2CBT
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by LouiseR1980)
thanks. Ive requested to join your group of thats ok? How would i promote it at freshers events?
Added you

I suggest joining this event https://www.facebook.com/events/371054816414900/ and posting a link to it and a short description on there. You could also see if anyone in there is applying for psychology and post it in the comments of their posts.
LouiseR1980
Rep:
?
Facebook group for 2015 psychology students https://www.facebook.com/groups/829780103726078/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (221)
43.25%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (58)
11.35%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (39)
7.63%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (108)
21.14%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (57)
11.15%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (28)
5.48%

Watched Threads