Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone help me specifically with the aggression topic? It's really confusing me as to how the different sections are split up and what typical essays the questions will ask for.

Also, how should structure my essays, with all the various sub topics like initiation maintenance and the specific examples of smoking and gambling has really made my head hurt. If anyone has any good resources or plans, that would help a huge tonne if you share them.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm also doing Aggression in PSYA3 so hopefully I can help.

The sub topics are:
    Social Psychological Explanations (Social Learning Theory and Deindividuation)
    Institutionalisation
    Neural and Hormonal Mechanisms (could get a 24 marker on either neural or hormonal or a 24 marker on both)
    Genetic Factors
    Evolutionary Explanations (either Jealousy/Infidelity or Sports/Warfare)

The question will make it specific what it's looking for, e.g in the instance of evolutionary explanations it may ask for just jealousy and infidelity.

Have a look at past paper questions on the AQA website to get an idea of how questions are asked.

Also for resources - try getrevising.co.uk or loopa.co.uk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smozsolution)
    Hey, I'm also doing Aggression in PSYA3 so hopefully I can help.

The sub topics are:
    Social Psychological Explanations (Social Learning Theory and Deindividuation)
    Institutionalisation
    Neural and Hormonal Mechanisms (could get a 24 marker on either neural or hormonal or a 24 marker on both)
    Genetic Factors
    Evolutionary Explanations (either Jealousy/Infidelity or Sports/Warfare)

The question will make it specific what it's looking for, e.g in the instance of evolutionary explanations it may ask for just jealousy and infidelity.

Have a look at past paper questions on the AQA website to get an idea of how questions are asked.

Also for resources - try getrevising.co.uk or loopa.co.uk
    Thanks a lot! What other topics are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shiroe)
    Thanks a lot! What other topics are you doing?
    Eating Behaviour and Biorhythms and Sleep alongside Aggression in PSYA3.
    Depression, Media and Research Methods in PSYA4.

What about you?

ReputationRep:
    Hey!! i'm just wondering, with institutional aggression, do we have to know 2 types or is it okay if we just learn one? the spec doesn't specify, but our teacher gave us notes on prisons and education, in the cara flanagan its prisons and genocide, but in an ideal 24 mark answer, there's only prisons?!?!?!?! i'm so confused

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shaunawinfield)
    Hey!! i'm just wondering, with institutional aggression, do we have to know 2 types or is it okay if we just learn one? the spec doesn't specify, but our teacher gave us notes on prisons and education, in the cara flanagan its prisons and genocide, but in an ideal 24 mark answer, there's only prisons?!?!?!?! i'm so confused
    At least you have a teacher! Mine left halfway through the year and we have to teach ourselves.
    For Institutional aggression I'm only doing about prisons:
    -Importation model (Irwin and Casey) with supporting research by Poole and Regoli and Harer
    -Deprivation model (Peterson et al) supported by Mcorckle and Applied to HMP Woodhill. But Nijman found conflicting results.

It's not fleshed out and of course I'm gonna add some AO2 points but this should be enough for either a high C or a low B.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 3, 2015

University open days

• Staffordshire University
    Everything except: Midwifery, Operating Department Practice, Paramedic Undergraduate
    Sun, 21 Oct '18
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.