Close with my crush but we cant date !?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
The reason I cant go out with her is due to my religous background, I still like her however for anything to work marriage has to be eligible. But with her it wont, however we have got quite close, havent gone out however we talk a lot. I do enjoy talking to her as it is a good laugh, now im coming to realise that she likes me too. The frustrating thing is that we cant date basically she dosent have the same beliefs as me and obviously I cant make her change and dont plan on it.

So what do I do now, I dont want to end what we have but how can I leave it as a friendship ? If I talk to her about it, it'll be awkward as we havent gone out.:confused:
shawn_o1
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Tell her that you can't date her, you can only be a mutual friend
username1494226
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
So you wont date her because she isnt religious. Stupid reason if you ask me
Aph
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
What matters more, your religion or love?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by marco14196)
So you wont date her because she isnt religious. Stupid reason if you ask me
Well what happens when it goes long term ? And one party is religous ?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Aph)
What matters more, your religion or love?
Both. Its not just the religous side its the fact you cant do both ?
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Both. Its not just the religous side its the fact you cant do both ?
Is it you're religion forbids it (Islam most notably) or just you are worried it'd drive a wedge between you? If it's the latter you shouldn't worry. If it's the prior you have to choose.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Aph)
Is it you're religion forbids it (Islam most notably) or just you are worried it'd drive a wedge between you? If it's the latter you shouldn't worry. If it's the prior you have to choose.
But what happens if it goes long term ? Usually family and me would want to marry and if she isnt part of the religion then you cant .
rhstar
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
looks like you know the answer, if it goes against your religion then you can't be with her unless she becomes religious for you.
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
But what happens if it goes long term ? Usually family and me would want to marry and if she isnt part of the religion then you cant .
She can still marry, if you and her loved eachother then you'd work it out. Being an atheist myself I wouldn't rule out a religious person and if they wanted it marriage in front of their god. You should at least try
El Salvador
Report 6 years ago
Leave your religion.

Also leave your family and be Jesus's disciple:

'If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters--yes, even their own life--such a person cannot be my disciple.' - The Lord The Prophet The Messiah Jesus 'Sweet Zombie' Christ, The Son of God of the Holy Trinity, The Son of Man, the biggest-selling author of all-time.
Retired_Messiah
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by clh_hilary)
'If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters--yes, even their own life--such a person cannot be my disciple.' - The Lord The Prophet The Messiah Jesus 'Sweet Zombie' Christ, The Son of God of the Holy Trinity, The Son of Man, the biggest-selling author of all-time.
I don't remember saying that....
El Salvador
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Retired_Messiah)
I don't remember saying that....
Luke 14:26
Retired_Messiah
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by clh_hilary)
Luke 14:26
Must've been drunk....

That or Luke was drunk. He was quite the lad.
Johnsheppard99
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
My crush is one of my best friends, unfortunatly we can never date either as she isn't interested in me the same way and I could never compare to the people she is attracted too..I wouldn't want to say anything either to make things awkward and for us to stop speaking over it.
However id be devistated to lose her as a friend still, even if it is painful sometimes, especially recently while she's been going through a messy break up and I can't comfort her the way I want too. So I just say nothing and carry on as usual.
Is that not an option for you? Saying nothing, or at the least you can only be friends and dont want to lose her as one?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Johnsheppard99)
My crush is one of my best friends, unfortunatly we can never date either as she isn't interested in me the same way and I could never compare to the people she is attracted too..I wouldn't want to say anything either to make things awkward and for us to stop speaking over it.
However id be devistated to lose her as a friend still, even if it is painful sometimes, especially recently while she's been going through a messy break up and I can't comfort her the way I want too. So I just say nothing and carry on as usual.
Is that not an option for you? Saying nothing, or at the least you can only be friends and dont want to lose her as one?
Me and her talk as a couple and have just started to be there for each other in times of need ie stress, so if it was a friendship I doubt it would last and the fact that I like talking to her dosent help lol.

I suppose I could be like I said she's awsome to me anyway, the only negative aspect is her exessive drinking and her not being part of my religion. Its her choice she can do as she pleases and Im not stopping her.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (64)
21.84%
Excited but a bit nervous (132)
45.05%
Not bothered either way (36)
12.29%
I'm really nervous (61)
20.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed