The Student Room Group

I hate my new school

I joined a new school at the beginning of this (academic) year, from a state school to a private for sixth form.
I don't even know how to start describing it- basically, the year is divided into levels, depending on your relative popularity. The 'unpopular' people have their own seating area, and the 'popular' people have theirs. Nobody's allowed to sit with the popular people, or in their seating area unless you're deemed cool enough to do so. It's ridiculous, but that's barely even the beginning of it.
My problem is that I'm a super friendly person. I expect people to be as open to making new friends as i am, so it was a surprise when that didn't happen at the beginning of this year. What happened instead was that all of the prettiest girls grouped together and forbade anybody else from joining their group unless they matched their attractiveness criteria. It wasn't explicitly stated but that was the idea. For the first time in my life, how I LOOKED was the main reason for people deciding whether to be friends with me or not. It took a whole of drifting, but I did eventually settle in. I made a fantastic bunch of friends and I love them a lot.
However, things are still not 100%. One of the people I thought was a close friend of mine has distanced herself from me completely as she's become really good friends with one of the girls in the popular group- basically her free ticket in there. People are starting to pretend as if I'm invisible. I posted a nice comment on this girl in my year's new profile picture- she liked every single other comment except mine. This is a girl that I considered to be a friend of mine too. I wished some other girl happy birthday on her Facebook wall- she took the time to go through every single other post on her wall to say thank you, but ignored mine. I sent this guy in my year a link to an article I thought he'd be interested in 3 days ago. He's complete my ignored it, and I KNOW he's been on Facebook because he's been online fairly frequently. I was good friends with this guy as well.
Mind you, these are just things that have happened recently, it's been a lot worse in the past. I just don't understanding what's going on? How do I stop stuff like this getting to me? I just want to make friends, but is it even worth it if people are outright ignoring me? Shall I just stop being friendly?
Reply 1
(Bump?)
Tbh i dont think anyone will really find their true friends until after uni
Reply 3
This is why I have no emotions.
Original post by Anonymous
I joined a new school at the beginning of this (academic) year, from a state school to a private for sixth form.
I don't even know how to start describing it- basically, the year is divided into levels, depending on your relative popularity. The 'unpopular' people have their own seating area, and the 'popular' people have theirs. Nobody's allowed to sit with the popular people, or in their seating area unless you're deemed cool enough to do so. It's ridiculous, but that's barely even the beginning of it.
My problem is that I'm a super friendly person. I expect people to be as open to making new friends as i am, so it was a surprise when that didn't happen at the beginning of this year. What happened instead was that all of the prettiest girls grouped together and forbade anybody else from joining their group unless they matched their attractiveness criteria. It wasn't explicitly stated but that was the idea. For the first time in my life, how I LOOKED was the main reason for people deciding whether to be friends with me or not. It took a whole of drifting, but I did eventually settle in. I made a fantastic bunch of friends and I love them a lot.
However, things are still not 100%. One of the people I thought was a close friend of mine has distanced herself from me completely as she's become really good friends with one of the girls in the popular group- basically her free ticket in there. People are starting to pretend as if I'm invisible. I posted a nice comment on this girl in my year's new profile picture- she liked every single other comment except mine. This is a girl that I considered to be a friend of mine too. I wished some other girl happy birthday on her Facebook wall- she took the time to go through every single other post on her wall to say thank you, but ignored mine. I sent this guy in my year a link to an article I thought he'd be interested in 3 days ago. He's complete my ignored it, and I KNOW he's been on Facebook because he's been online fairly frequently. I was good friends with this guy as well.
Mind you, these are just things that have happened recently, it's been a lot worse in the past. I just don't understanding what's going on? How do I stop stuff like this getting to me? I just want to make friends, but is it even worth it if people are outright ignoring me? Shall I just stop being friendly?

So in other words you're fat and ugly :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Stewie2011
So in other words you're fat and ugly :smile:

thats a horrible thing to say
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous

I'm so sorry! I promise it will get better

Quick Reply