Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    Right. Glad we've got that sorted then.
    This "debate" got too painful to read after this point.
    Can you stop bickering please.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)
    This "debate" got too painful to read after this point.
    Can you stop bickering please.
    I'd love to - but if I'm called arrogant simply on the basis of talking about what I have done education-wise, then I will set out to defend myself.

ReputationRep:
    Your tone was to suggest that you cannot possibly be stupid. This is untrue and was also irrelevant to the discussion. He suggested that you were stupid in context of philosophical debate. You used your law degree as reason for you not to be stupid, and in the context to imply that your opinion was more valid, again something that is not true. You clearly thought however that your degree made you more qualified to form an opinion on the matter - this is arrogance.
    Please quote from where I said my OPINION was better based on my education? And I never said it was IMPOSSIBLE for me to be stupid - but having a very highly thought of qualification is strong evidence of not being dumb. After being called stupid - it was NOT IRRELEVANT to the discussion in any way.

The point was not legal expertise - but that you have to be of a certain intellect to do it. If you dispute that then fine - otherwise it was factually correct - and was NOT arrogant.

But still - please inform me of how I "clearly" thought it made more qualified - when in fact I thought no such thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawzzzzzz)
    Please quote from where I said my OPINION was better based on my education? And I never said it was IMPOSSIBLE for me to be stupid - but having a very highly thought of qualification is strong evidence of not being dumb. After being called stupid - it was NOT IRRELEVANT to the discussion in any way.

The point was not legal expertise - but that you have to be of a certain intellect to do it. If you dispute that then fine - otherwise it was factually correct - and was NOT arrogant.

But still - please inform me of how I "clearly" thought it made more qualified - when in fact I thought no such thing.
    I didn't say you said anything. I didn't say you thought anything. I said you implied and suggested things. This is why it came across as being arrogant. If you neither think that you are arrogant or were being arrogant then fine. I still feel that you are, or at least come across as being so, and that your law degree was irrelevant to the discussion. He thought your opinions were stupid, you made it clear that you thought his opinion didn't count, so why did you need to big yourself up?

ReputationRep:
    I didn't say you said anything. I didn't say you thought anything. I said you implied and suggested things. This is why it came across as being arrogant. If you neither think that you are arrogant or were being arrogant then fine. I still feel that you are, or at least come across as being so, and that your law degree was irrelevant to the discussion. He thought your opinions were stupid, you made it clear that you thought his opinion didn't count, so why did you need to big yourself up?
    Dont twist his words - he didnt say "your opinion is stupid" he said I was ... Why pretend otherwise? How did I "big myself up"??? All I did was...

whatever... this is circular.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruffian)
    what are you talking about zapsta, lawzzz is right, if someone insults you with words then you dont just take it, you write back to them in an attempt to prove them wrong, thats not arrogance, its just human nature. i hardly think maximus is gonna cry about having a whole thread on him, he loves attention and i love to give it to him cus some of the stuff he comes out with is so ridiculous it makes me laugh

Yeah, his (Maximus´s) claims often save my day too.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 17, 2004
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.