Photography - Roehampton or Westminster? Watch

mak_w_polu
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi.

I am considering those two Universities to study part-time. Both are available to me, but I've only visited Westminster.

Do somebody know how are the facilities in Roehampton? Do they have B&W darkrooms and Colour darkrooms? Do they have print rooms and etc.? How many studios do they have?
What's about lending the equipment? Is there a possibility to lend the EQ out of Uni premises?

And in general, what are your opinions?

Please help. Thanks!
TaylaGrace
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by mak_w_polu)
Hi.

I am considering those two Universities to study part-time. Both are available to me, but I've only visited Westminster.

Do somebody know how are the facilities in Roehampton? Do they have B&W darkrooms and Colour darkrooms? Do they have print rooms and etc.? How many studios do they have?
What's about lending the equipment? Is there a possibility to lend the EQ out of Uni premises?

And in general, what are your opinions?

Please help. Thanks!
Hey mak_w_polu,

My name is Tayla Grace and I study here at Roehampton. My friend and flat mate does a photography degree here. To my knowledge, there are black and white/ colour darkroom and print room facilities. You can also lend equipment which you’re allowed to take out of the university! There is also one studio. Additionally, there are plenty of opportunities to have your work displayed around campus; if that is something you would be interested in. My friend enjoys the photography course here immensely, she says the lecturers are helpful and are all experienced! Just to add, I know that in the third year students go to free range photography shows, you can find out more about it here: http://www.free-range.org.uk/cgi-bin...categoryID=150.

I hope that I have helped answer your question! If you’d like to ask me anything else I’d be more than happy to answer
mak_w_polu
Rep:
?
Yeah!
I have more questions! Thank You very much!

1. How many B&W darkrooms do they have?
2. How many Colour darkrooms do they have?
3. How "busy" is the studio? I mean, is it hard to book a place? Is it always occupied by someone?
4. Do they lend analogue cameras or just digital DSLR? Specifically, do they have analogue cameras? 35mm and Middle format? How many (don't need to be exact, but like plus-minus: a lot, little bit, etc.)?
5. Do they lend lamps as well? :>
6. Do your friends have some online portfolios that I could look at? :-)

Sorry for so many questions, but this is particularly what I need/want to know. :-)

Thanks! :-D
TaylaGrace
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by mak_w_polu)
Yeah!
I have more questions! Thank You very much!

1. How many B&W darkrooms do they have?
2. How many Colour darkrooms do they have?
3. How "busy" is the studio? I mean, is it hard to book a place? Is it always occupied by someone?
4. Do they lend analogue cameras or just digital DSLR? Specifically, do they have analogue cameras? 35mm and Middle format? How many (don't need to be exact, but like plus-minus: a lot, little bit, etc.)?
5. Do they lend lamps as well? :>
6. Do your friends have some online portfolios that I could look at? :-)

Sorry for so many questions, but this is particularly what I need/want to know. :-)

Thanks! :-D
Hi!

There is one black and white/ colour studio, but there is a processing machine can do it for you. As for using them, It isn't hard to book a place but it depends what time you use it... Say for example when people have deadlines it will be a slightly more packed than usual. They lend all of the cameras you mentioned. I'm not sure how many there are but there are a lot and enough for everyone to use. Additionally, lamps are available to be lent.

My friend doesn't have an online portfolio I'm afraid! But you should take a look at Roehampton's official Facebook page or Instagram ( @UNI_ROEHAMPTON ) students photography will be on there. Hope I helped!

- Tayla Grace
mak_w_polu
Rep:
?
Thanks for your help! :-)
NotJustAName
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I personally would go for Roehampton - I love the area.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (160)
17.78%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (77)
8.56%
No I am happy with my course choice (535)
59.44%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (128)
14.22%

Watched Threads