hksikh2000
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi I need to memorise 7 pages for my essay, any ideas on how as I start but it gets confusing and doesnt stick... help
Lau14
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by hksikh2000)
Hi I need to memorise 7 pages for my essay, any ideas on how as I start but it gets confusing and doesnt stick... help
Try writing your essay out in much shorter bullet points - you don't need to memorise all your sentences exactly, just the key points and then reform the sentences from those points. Split it up into sections of fewer bullet points (eg. all the bullet points from paragraph one) and try and learn each section. Read it through regularly - at least once a day - and write it out again without looking at it if you can straight after you've read it. Read it through again to check, then when you have a spare 10 minutes later that day/the next day try and write it out again without looking. Keep repeating this sort of method - regular reading, trying to write it down (this part is especially important because it tests whether you're actually learning it). Once you feel you've got the bullet points in your head fairly well, find the right length of time when you won't be interrupted and try writing the whole thing out. Good luck
hann4h
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'd learn it by speakin it out and adding bits on slowly and then repeating.. Say it without looking, then get tested then write it down
Changing Skies
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Personally I'd write out a couple of sentences over and over until I remember them, then maybe read them aloud. And repeat this for the rest of the essay. It may take a while, but hopefully it'll be effective
norbert chiutsi
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
you can try recording it somewher wer u can put handsfrees or headphones then listen to it a couple of times the way u listen to your music.try writing what u a hearing for the first time and then try writting again whilst u a not listening,ussually helps for me.u may try askin someone u adore to record it for ya for greater voice impression and faster recalling
orangeee22
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
For me the only way that works is reading one sentence, saying it aloud without looking, then reading another sentance, doing the same thing, then add it in to the first sentence, etc. It takes a long time but I found it worked the best
Cherrychocolate
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
We
Cherrychocolate
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I memorise case studies/diagram by using the Feynman's technique. That involves looking at a page and trying to memorise it and then writing it down onto a notepad. Google it if you want some more information. The best thing about it is that it literally photocopies stuff into your mind. Another way to memorise it is to summarise each paragraph and try and fit it into a post-it note! Note the main ideas! Hope I helped :-)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (21)
16.8%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (40)
32%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (12)
9.6%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (13)
10.4%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (6)
4.8%
I think it's an unfair expectation (31)
24.8%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
1.6%

Watched Threads