How do I answer this 12 mark question?

Watch
Queenmichelle
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Discuss how far sociologists would agree that The improvement in girls achievement in examinations has been a result of educational reforms?
m_walters
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Sociologists would agree, but only to a very limited extent. Improvements in girls' achievement, as is the case in gender differences in school performance, is attributable to environmental and social factors. Education reform may be a significant environmental factor, but there are also other factors that account for increased performance, including changing in-school experiences and changing expectations for success. In addition, there are those factors that schools and school reform have little impact on. These would include changing gender roles and the collapse of the male blue collar employment market. Collectively, these community factors point out to the limited role that education reform has on the achievement of girls.

If you need more help, feel free to send me a message.
Queenmichelle
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (699)
33.88%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (880)
42.66%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (392)
19%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (92)
4.46%

Watched Threads