Zino98
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
People say to do this a lot
I couldn't agree more!
I used to hate revising and I saw things like make flash cards, draw mind maps, etc. I felt they were pointless as I don't exactly remember the content if I write it. But, there is one tip that will get you that A*
Flash cards are the best! Literally, go through your revision guide and make notes on each area of a topic. Because flash cards are small, you won't be able to write much on each card, thus making it so easy to remember, you don't even need to attempt to learn it, when you look it hundreds of times and just read it, it literally makes a copy of it into your brain!
So, for anyone who's looking for revision tips and feels that writing doesn't help, try using flash cards. I used to hate flash cards and now I literally worship them!
Good luck!
Vivek

Posted from TSR Mobile
Acius1106
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hmm okay I'll try it, but how do I go about making them? Do I find them online or - like cut out pieces of A4 paper to make them? Urgh my mocks are in a week I have to start revising full-on - or do I find like flash cards in some store and then write on them? The store option would be the hardest for me cause it'll take a long time to get it. So can I use A4 paper? How big should I cut them?
Zino98
Rep:
?
You can go into any store and buy a pack, they're really cheap eg) pack of 60 for £1. I wouldn't recommend cutting them yourself as it takes a very long time and that just feel like your writing on paper, whereas the store bought flash cards are card and printed which makes them more appealing to write on.
Especially since your mock exams are only a week away, I think quickly popping into a store and getting a pack is the best thing to do.
If you really want to cut them yourself, get some card and cut a square box to A5 size which can be found using google images templates of flash-cards
Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
Zino98
Rep:
?
Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1424483676.578789.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  124.5 KB
This is an example of ones I have

Posted from TSR Mobile
ImVerySmart235
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
There are supposed to be geography flash cards on The Student Room, but I can't find them. Can someone please locate me to the flash cards?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I don't want to decide until I've received all my offers (45)
40.54%
I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (21)
18.92%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something in the world changes (ie. pandemic-related) (6)
5.41%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (10)
9.01%
I still have more questions before I made my decision (9)
8.11%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (8)
7.21%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (12)
10.81%

Watched Threads