Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    THB that "love is blind" What do ppl think to this statement?

ReputationRep:
    what exactly does that phrase mean

ReputationRep:
    i guess, sometimes- depends on the person/situation

ReputationRep:
    i think sometimes love can be 'blind' because when u love someone, u dont care bout their weaknesses... in other words, the things that u like from that person blind u from other stuff...

ReputationRep:
    The irrationality inherent in love, prevents what would otherwise be rational observations being made. Where it doesn't do that, it may cause them to be ignored.

ReputationRep:
    I think it means love is blind to convention/correctness. eg you can love someone that other people hate etc, ie you've been blinded to the inconvenience or unacceptability(?) of it all.

ReputationRep:
    Love may blind your eye so that you cannot really see flaws of your partner...but you will definitely pretty clear after you get married...hehe...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viva0yue999)
    Love may blind your eye so that you cannot really see flaws of your partner...but you will definitely pretty clear after you get married...hehe...
    Hehe - hence the high divorce rates.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viva0yue999)
    as the saying goes...."love may be blind, but marriage is a real eye-opener!!"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophieliz)
    THB that "love is blind" What do ppl think to this statement?
    Of course love is blind, if it wasn't then you would start falling in love with teachers or others that you could never get in a million years.

ReputationRep:
    Some people who are in love are blind. I don't know whether the emotion itself has eyes.

I'm not blind, I'm just stupid.

ReputationRep:
    I think the phrase should be, "Love is stupid". My first love was a bit of a f-wit, who stood me up with the stupidest excuses and generally messed me around, and I put up with it and believed all the nice things he said simply because I was crazy about him.

However, looking back at the old pictures.. I think I can safely say that love is blind too!!

ReputationRep:
    Great Pulp song

ReputationRep:
    I read quite an interesting article a while ago about how "love" is centred around the ego (or your own ego). Which makes a lot of sense if you think about why people hurt or become irrationally jealous so easily. More so with men since see their woman (much like cars, money etc) as an extension of their ego. I guess it follows that "love is blind" because you try to protect yourself against brusing your ego and therefore live in a state of denial.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 16, 2004
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.