The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Van Mildert College Durham?!

Hey guys,

I applied castle and got accepted at Van Mildert. Quite happy with it as I realised that it is next to the Business school (right?) , and I'm planning to study econ and history through combined honours. Wanted opinions on the college? And is it close to other colleges? Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by Milalilsaustin
Hey guys,

I applied castle and got accepted at Van Mildert. Quite happy with it as I realised that it is next to the Business school (right?) , and I'm planning to study econ and history through combined honours. Wanted opinions on the college? And is it close to other colleges? Thanks

I applied to St Mary's and got Van Mildert too. Turns out it's pretty close to the other Hill colleges: it's opposite St Aidens, and no more than a five minute walk from the others, seems pretty well placed. I was disappointed to start with, but it is apparently very active in terms of volunteering/extracurriculars, and you are guaranteed a single room. All the blocks have apparently been recently refurbed so the rooms are probably quite nice - if you join the facebook group there are pictures of a room on there, they seem pretty large and some overlook a lake/swamp (depending on who you ask!) that has ducks.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest