The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Didn't like the exam at all. We had like 2 lessons of revision and I did very bad. Hoping for a pass at least
I thought it was generally quite easy, didn't have a clue about the cloud computing questions or the RSS feed question though.

For the digital communications 6 marker I wrote about how you should be careful about what you say over the internet as people tend to say more hurtful things behind a screen, things that wouldn't normally be said to someones face. I also mentioned sharing inappropriate images of someone else without their consent and also the use of emoticons in insulting messages and how the sender may see it as a joke whilst the receiver finds it offensive.

I thought the other 6 marker was pretty straight forward.

For the RSS feed question I had a guess at it being updates of posts on social networking sites such as Facebook or Twitter, was that correct?

I reckon I got around 58/80, so hopefully an A*
Original post by The Nail
I thought it was generally quite easy, didn't have a clue about the cloud computing questions or the RSS feed question though.

For the digital communications 6 marker I wrote about how you should be careful about what you say over the internet as people tend to say more hurtful things behind a screen, things that wouldn't normally be said to someones face. I also mentioned sharing inappropriate images of someone else without their consent and also the use of emoticons in insulting messages and how the sender may see it as a joke whilst the receiver finds it offensive.

I thought the other 6 marker was pretty straight forward.

For the RSS feed question I had a guess at it being updates of posts on social networking sites such as Facebook or Twitter, was that correct?

I reckon I got around 58/80, so hopefully an A*

how many marks for an A*?
Original post by youreanutter

about 50ish....
I sat this exam this morning, not aloud to give spoilers but good luck to everyone who has not yet done it
Reply 85
Original post by youreanutter

It can range from 53-59 marks.
Reply 86
An A* is usually 60/61 marks. I found the Exam quite easy. The 6 marker on Disadvantages & Advantages of Desktop PCs was great.
It obviously depends on how hard students across the country found it and I personally didn't like the way they worded a lot of the questions! My teacher said that 39 was an A* last year because so many people did badly on it!
Same my teacher said 'its pretty much impossible to get an a* ' :LL
Reply 89
Original post by FatimahAli
Same my teacher said 'its pretty much impossible to get an a* ' :LL

Why? I got an A* on all other past papers I've done (including mocks) and I have got an A* on my coursework.
Original post by Usaamah
Why? I got an A* on all other past papers I've done (including mocks) and I have got an A* on my coursework.

Oh sorry boss :L And I think its 'cause I've got a pretty crap teacher and I started off in the BTEC class but then came to the GCSE one 'cause I couldn't stand that class, taught my self most of my work :LL But congrats anyway :smile:
Reply 91
No problem. Sorry if I sounded rude :smile:
Lool naah nw

hahaha :biggrin:
Original post by fatima1998
hahaha :biggrin:

??
Original post by sushifish
about 50ish....

50 only??!! Are you sure??
??

dont worry... i just read ur messages about the A* in ICT
50 only??!! Are you sure??

It was 49 last year
Anyone here doing unit 3?
Original post by saahil0987
Anyone here doing unit 3?

what the hell is unit 3?
Reply 99
Hi, I'm in year 9 and am just doing my ICT homework. I just need to know what connectivity method is needed to output in HD.

Latest

Trending

Trending