Hparsonage
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm studying... Textiles, English language and English literature.

I'm interested in... Fashion

My study level is... A-level (A2)
dumb cabbage
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Hparsonage)
I'm studying... Textiles, English language and English literature.

I'm interested in... Fashion

My study level is... A-level (A2)
Hey I was wondering what textiles is like in alevels because I will be doing it next year ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hparsonage
Rep:
?
(Original post by dumb cabbage)
Hey I was wondering what textiles is like in alevels because I will be doing it next year ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey! My course is 50% theory and 50% coursework, so depending on what exam board you're on it could be slightly different. But I really love textiles! We did a big coursework project from September to just before the half term where you research whatever you want and then design and make a product. This bit is really fun but does take a lot of effort to have everything done on time. The other half of the course is theory, learning about fibres and the basics of textiles, it took me a while to get my head around it but it's worth it, especially if you're considering taking it on to uni. All in all the course is hard work but really enjoyable at the same time hope this helped xx
dumb cabbage
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey! My course is 50% theory and 50% coursework, so depending on what exam board you're on it could be slightly different. But I really love textiles! We did a big coursework project from September to just before the half term where you research whatever you want and then design and make a product. This bit is really fun but does take a lot of effort to have everything done on time. The other half of the course is theory, learning about fibres and the basics of textiles, it took me a while to get my head around it but it's worth it, especially if you're considering taking it on to uni. All in all the course is hard work but really enjoyable at the same time hope this helped xx
Thanks, I look forward to doing it next year but for now I have my gcse textiles exam in March 😁 xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hparsonage
Rep:
?
(Original post by dumb cabbage)
Thanks, I look forward to doing it next year but for now I have my gcse textiles exam in March 😁 xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck!!xx
dumb cabbage
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Good luck!!xx
Thanks xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (620)
33.68%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (775)
42.1%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (364)
19.77%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (82)
4.45%

Watched Threads