The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mohammed Adnan
?

Hey, what are the entry requirements? Good luck. Hope you get accepted!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shatmypants
Hey, what are the entry requirements? Good luck. Hope you get accepted!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I believe you need atleast C's in Biology and Chemistry.
Thanks, you going aswell?
I believe you need atleast C's in Biology and Chemistry.
Thanks, you going aswell?

Ah that's good, no I'm not, I was just wondering. I've applied for pharmacy at UK schools only.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys,
I already submitted my application/documents and waiting for my acceptance letter for dentistry entry in September 2015 in Plovdiv Medical University, Bulgaria.
I'am from Ireland and was wondering if anyone else is considering to study at that University from Ireland or UK??? Perhaps also share a private studio/apartment????

Hi mate I'm also looking to apply to Plovdiv sending my application off tomorrow, can I just ask what agency did you use and what did they charge you in total? Let me know how it goes with your application and I'm open to sharing an apartment if I get in also.
Original post by Hassan_Saeed
Hi mate I'm also looking to apply to Plovdiv sending my application off tomorrow, can I just ask what agency did you use and what did they charge you in total? Let me know how it goes with your application and I'm open to sharing an apartment if I get in also.

I used study medicine Europe. Its a total of 2500 euros. They are pretty good when it comes to delivering service as I'm from Ireland.
As for my application its in the very end, I'm just waiting on an acceptance letter thats all. Yeah as for apartments there are really good ones for like 300-350 euros, fully furnished, I don't mind sharing it with you. Do you have a Facebook?
The website says you need an A or B in chemistry and biology.

http://meduniversity-plovdiv.bg/en/2014-12-04-14-49-00/admissions/admission-of-foreign-uk
Original post by rebellionn
The website says you need an A or B in chemistry and biology.

http://meduniversity-plovdiv.bg/en/2014-12-04-14-49-00/admissions/admission-of-foreign-uk

Doing it through Study Medicine Europe you only need atleast C's
Reply 8
Doing it through Study Medicine Europe you only need atleast C's

I doubt it, looks like they are changing it fast. I have heard people getting in with c's, but the popular it gets the more likely will be more scrutinising with the grades.
Reply 9
Hi guys,
I already submitted my application/documents and waiting for my acceptance letter for dentistry entry in September 2015 in Plovdiv Medical University, Bulgaria.
I'am from Ireland and was wondering if anyone else is considering to study at that University from Ireland or UK??? Perhaps also share a private studio/apartment????

How can you application be submitted to the university and be awaiting for an acceptance letter, when the university hasn't even started processing applications.

Also the university are changing the entry requirements and processing procedure that's why offers haven't been sent out yet.
Original post by mk4eva
How can you application be submitted to the university and be awaiting for an acceptance letter, when the university hasn't even started processing applications.

Also the university are changing the entry requirements and processing procedure that's why offers haven't been sent out yet.

Doing it through an agency...
Reply 11
Has the agency said you have been accepted?
Hi guys,

Hey, I am wondering what the prospects are with graduating from Bulgaria? I assumed Sofia (being the capital of Bulgaria) would be the most sought after and "better" degree to have.

Are you planning on staying in Bulgaria after graduating, of coming to the UK? I read somewhere on these forums that the VT rules have been changed so that UK graduates get all the priority and places, and then the EU graduates get the scraps. Also, even if you do get through VT, most practice managers look at dental degrees from Eastern Europe as garbage.

I am sure you know all this, but what are your thoughts on it? Either way, I think dentistry is a fantastic degree and no matter where you study if you love it, you will do well.
Hi guys,

Hey I'm also looking to study med in either Plovdiv or Trakia! I am from London and also using the same agency as you!

just paid the deposit so waiting for the acceptance letter!
Reply 14
Original post by determineddd
Hey I'm also looking to study med in either Plovdiv or Trakia! I am from London and also using the same agency as you!

What is the website for the agency you used to apply for this?
I just got my acceptance letter last week!!
Any updates with yourselves?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 16

Hi there Mohammad, i am also looking to apply to medicine/dentistry in Plovdiv through studymedicineeurope.com. i am really unsure if i should, at first i thought i was a scam as it sounded too good to be true but there are people just like me surprisingly. what a-levels are you doing?
Reply 17
Original post by determineddd

Hey there, have u visited the agency's office? Also, what a levels are u doing?

Hey mate, I'm currently an AS student and thinking to apply to Plovdiv in yr13, out of curiosity what kind of AS grades did you get? And what do the uni look at, the AS grades or your predicted grade? . I heard you need to do an entrance examination and if you pass it you get accepted. Also how much is it in total including tutti ion fees and living expenses.
Many thanks
Original post by Knight rider
Hey mate, I'm currently an AS student and thinking to apply to Plovdiv in yr13, out of curiosity what kind of AS grades did you get? And what do the uni look at, the AS grades or your predicted grade? . I heard you need to do an entrance examination and if you pass it you get accepted. Also how much is it in total including tutti ion fees and living expenses.
Many thanks

Hi there,

I'm an Irish student. I got A in biology and B in chemistry both at higher levels, that's what they look at. Some universities will require you to do entrance exams but they are basic and easy. I myself will be going to Plovdiv, doing Dentistry, so I didn't require doing an entrance exam. Tuition fees are 8000 euros per year. Living expenses are cheap like private accommodation from 150-300 euros per person and food 100 euros etc. Also if you go through the same agency(Study Medicine Europe) you can get a student loan to cover your tuition fees for 6 years.

Latest