The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Shakz
Hi there Mohammad, i am also looking to apply to medicine/dentistry in Plovdiv through studymedicineeurope.com. i am really unsure if i should, at first i thought i was a scam as it sounded too good to be true but there are people just like me surprisingly. what a-levels are you doing?

Hi there,

I got A in biology and B in chemistry. I would highly recommend this agency to anyone who is serious in wanting to study dentistry or medicine. Although they charge a high fee for their services you should know the following in what they offer that other agencies with less fee don't:
1. Guaranteed Entry(If applied early enough)
2. Tuition student loans are guaranteed for 6 years(you will have 2 grace years after you graduate and then you start repaying the loan in instalments within 10-15 years).
3. The agency looks after you for 6 years(not just application).
4. Accommodation and transportation is sorted by their end.
5. The agency helps you get an internship in your final year and gets you job interviews.
6. Everything is done by legal papers.
Original post by Mohammed Adnan
Hi there,

I'm an Irish student. I got A in biology and B in chemistry both at higher levels, that's what they look at. Some universities will require you to do entrance exams but they are basic and easy. I myself will be going to Plovdiv, doing Dentistry, so I didn't require doing an entrance exam. Tuition fees are 8000 euros per year. Living expenses are cheap like private accommodation from 150-300 euros per person and food 100 euros etc. Also if you go through the same agency(Study Medicine Europe) you can get a student loan to cover your tuition fees for 6 years.

Yeah I just spoke to a gentlemen called Aris who is part of study medicine Europe. I was more interested in doing it in Sofia rather than Plovdiv. Like what's the Difference? And have you started your course yet? and do you know anyone who graduated from Plovdiv or Sofia as a dentist and is working in the UK?
Kind regards
Original post by Knight rider
Yeah I just spoke to a gentlemen called Aris who is part of study medicine Europe. I was more interested in doing it in Sofia rather than Plovdiv. Like what's the Difference? And have you started your course yet? and do you know anyone who graduated from Plovdiv or Sofia as a dentist and is working in the UK?
Kind regards

Also will I be stigmatised if I graduate from a Bulgarian university when it comes to employment compared to a UK graduate.
Reply 23
Hi there,

I got A in biology and B in chemistry. I would highly recommend this agency to anyone who is serious in wanting to study dentistry or medicine. Although they charge a high fee for their services you should know the following in what they offer that other agencies with less fee don't:
2. Tuition student loans are guaranteed for 6 years(you will have 2 grace years after you graduate and then you start repaying the loan in instalments within 10-15 years).
5. The agency helps you get an internship in your final year and gets you job interviews.

Ok, have you actually visited the university or visited Aris' office direct? Do you know how the term times are arranged? And do you know anyone who has already graduated in med/den through this agent?

P.S. thanks for the long reply lol
Reply 24
Hi there,

No offence dude, but you seem to be just regurgitating what Aris has told you without giving it a proper thought. Over half of which is questionable.

The agency cannot get you job interviews or even internships for that matter. Nobody will know exactly how it will be a few years down the line. These are false promises. I have friends who are doctors currently in the NHS, it's not even guaranteed for UK medical school graduates to go into F1/F2 jobs. It will be especially different for an EU graduate, as the system does not typically incorporate them into the Foundation training system. You have to apply via the NHS jobs. Having said that it can be done. Just to let you know though, no agency will do this for you or get you interviews lined up. You will have to apply everything on your own!
Hey guys, was wondering if you could get in Plovidov or Sofia through this agency even with very low grades (C/B for example).

Glad to know the agency isnt a scandal sounded too good to be true!
Original post by Knight rider
Kind regards

Hi,
The reason I'm going to Plovdiv is because they are the best in Bulgaria for Dentistry and also Sofia does not offer student loans. I start in mid September. I know two people who are studying medicine in Pleven University. As for the other point you mentioned about being degraded if you want to work in the UK is totally not true. This is a degree from an EU country. I know many doctors who have graduated from outside the EU like Sudan, Iraq, Egypt etc and they are all working here.
Original post by Shakz
Ok, have you actually visited the university or visited Aris' office direct? Do you know how the term times are arranged? And do you know anyone who has already graduated in med/den through this agent?

P.S. thanks for the long reply lol

I had a meeting with Aris in London 3 months ago(I came from Ireland). In term times do you mean by the semesters? or what? I'm flying in July to Plovdiv to see the are/university. Well I personally do not know who has graduated but I'm sure there are people who have.
Original post by smile:)12
Hey guys, was wondering if you could get in Plovidov or Sofia through this agency even with very low grades (C/B for example).

Hi there,

There still might be a chance to get in if you apply from now. Email the agency and ask for them to call you and explain your situation. Goodluck!
Hello Mohammed when you go to plovidiv in July can you keep us all updated on how it went.
Many thanks
Hi there,

Have you considered what will happen if the UK votes to leave the EU post 2017? That would effectively make your degree like an Indian or Iraqi one. You'd need to do the full Overseas Registration Exam and then obtain Vocational Training Equivalence. That could take a considerable amount of time and money. If you were unable to pass the ORE, you wouldn't ever be able to work as a dentist in the UK.

I'm afraid you are mistaken if you think a Bulgarian degree is considered on a par with a UK one.
Original post by muchomungo
Have you considered what will happen if the UK votes to leave the EU post 2017? That would effectively make your degree like an Indian or Iraqi one. You'd need to do the full Overseas Registration Exam and then obtain Vocational Training Equivalence. That could take a considerable amount of time and money. If you were unable to pass the ORE, you wouldn't ever be able to work as a dentist in the UK.

I'm afraid you are mistaken if you think a Bulgarian degree is considered on a par with a UK one.

I strongly agree, you'd be bonkers to go there.
It is well known that many eastern european Dentists are not up to the standard of UK ones. One of the reasons for this is the freedom of movement within the EU and resulting lack of entrance test which is compulsory for non-EU Dentists. I'd reconsider your options if I were you, and tbh Dentistry isn't the be all and end all of life.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 33
Original post by smile:)12

Hey, I managed to get an offer from Plovdiv with B's. I applied through Tutelage Ltd. They helped me with the application process and also prepped me for the entrance exams. If you have any questions you should ask them because I know other people who sat the tests with me who were in the same situation as us!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
Original post by ambeya
Hey, I managed to get an offer from Plovdiv with B's. I applied through Tutelage Ltd. They helped me with the application process and also prepped me for the entrance exams. If you have any questions you should ask them because I know other people who sat the tests with me who were in the same situation as us!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which entrance tests ? Are you a UK applicant ?
Reply 35
Is the full 6 years of Plodiv in English or does it change to Bulgarian after the 3rd year?
Reply 36
Original post by uer23
Which entrance tests ? Are you a UK applicant ?

I applied for two unis and it's Varna university that require entrance tests. And yes, I'm a UK applicant :smile:
Reply 37
Hi, I am going to study dentistry in sofia, Bulgaria. I applied through study medicine europe and will be starting in October, is anyone else going this year?
Hi, I am joining in Medicine @ sofia MU, I am travelling on Wednesday 30th sept to enroll on 1st Oct.I have also applied tru SME.. R u travelling on the same day from Gatwick???
Reply 39
I am travelling tomorrow morning because there is no way for me to get to gatwick so I will just meet everyone at the hotel when they arrive

Latest