The Student Room Group

Gap Year Ideas! :)

Hi everyone,

So I am taking a gap year before uni. Any ideas what to do? I am going to Tanzania to volunteer for 10 weeks October-December and I am planning to apply to camp america for May/June time to August.

So basically any suggestions what to do in between? Literally happy to do anything, just need some ideas!

Thanks :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:
helpx/workaway inbetween? get a job, volunteer etc matey
Do you need to earn money in between? If so a working holiday Australia, New Zealand or Canada might suit you :smile: If you already have the money then the world is your oyster! I'd recommend going into STA travel, I booked my whole gap year ( a six month round-the-world trip) with them, they're really helpful!
Reply 3
If you are looking for another project in Africa check out www.cosmicvolunteers.weebly.com! A great school to volunteer at in Ghana and very low cost :smile:
Original post by ptc10
Hi everyone,

So I am taking a gap year before uni. Any ideas what to do? I am going to Tanzania to volunteer for 10 weeks October-December and I am planning to apply to camp america for May/June time to August.

So basically any suggestions what to do in between? Literally happy to do anything, just need some ideas!

Are you going to Tanzania with ICS? I want to go on a trip like this!

I'm also taking a gap year, and trying to find something interesting to do. I was thinking about doing the ESU American high school exchange for 6 month, which would start in January.

Also hoping to apply to camp America lol. Maybe look for some internships/ work experience maybe in areas you haven't tried before if your not sure on what you want to do in the future.

I also was looking into some volunteering on V-inspired, maybe at a primary school.

If you find anything else let me know.
:smile::smile::smile:
Reply 5
Original post by ptc10
Hi everyone,

Have you looked at any travel companies online? Lots of them have a lot of programs you could really be interested in. I'd personally recommend Smaller Earth, they've got such a wide range of programs that can take you to different corners of the world at really brilliant prices. They make all the steps so easy to do and are so helpful if you've got any issues you want to discuss with them :smile: http://www.smallerearth.com/uk/ check them out!
For my gap year last year, I worked in a place called Morzine and did a skiing season staying at Chalet Nantegue. If you like skiing or snowboarding definitely consider this, it's a great 5 month experience in which you make lots of new friends and meet awesome people. Also, you're still earning money which is a bonus :wink:
Hopefully going on a sex tourism trip to Indonesia, just got to get the funds together!! #VirginLife
I had a gap year this year at uni
...by this, I mean there were certain "gaps" involved.
you know what I mean.

Quick Reply

Latest