The Student Room Group
The Quad, Middlesex University
Middlesex University
London

Maths and English test

I've got a math and English test at Middlesex university on the 3rd of March... Can I please have some advice on what to revise on... And if any of you guys have gone for your assessment how did it go...
Thanks honey
Original post by honey123
I've got a math and English test at Middlesex university on the 3rd of March... Can I please have some advice on what to revise on... And if any of you guys have gone for your assessment how did it go...
Thanks honey

Maths test, you need to revise percentages (including increase and decrease), ratio, add, subtract, drop rate, time, drug calculations, bodmas, fractions, multiply, divide and conversion. You also get to use your own calculator, but make sure it's a scientific one because it's easier for you to work out the "time" and "bodmas" questions, and also easier to simplify fractions on it as well.

English test is split into two parts:

Multiple choice (they will give you three articles to read and you circle the right questions for them)

Essay writing ( you will have to pick one question to answer. Make sure you do a "for" and "against" argument and add your opinion as a conclusion)

Maths - 18/25

English (multiple choice) - 9/15

English (essay writing) - 9/15

All the best! Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
The Quad, Middlesex University
Middlesex University
London
I did mine back in November and I found it quite easy to do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry, for the multiple choice, I meant that you circle the right answers to the questions. Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by babyshawte
Sorry, for the multiple choice, I meant that you circle the right answers to the questions. Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

hii thanks for replying back to me.... Did u get an interview with Middlesex university??
i really want to go this university soo bad lool
hii thanks for replying back to me.... Did u get an interview with Middlesex university??
i really want to go this university soo bad lool

You're welcome :tongue:

Yeah I did and I got the offer from them a week after the interview. ^_^

The interviewers were lovely! They really put people at ease, the questions are straightforward and the experience is positive.

Lol! I totally understand. I hope the test will go well for you and make to the interview stage! Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
That's really good Are you going to firm with them or you are interested in studying somewhere else...
That's really good Are you going to firm with them or you are interested in studying somewhere else...

In still thinking about it. It's between Greenwich and Middlesex atm, that's if I am successful in the interview for Greenwich.

Overall my heart is set for MDX lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
You're welcome :tongue:

Yeah I did and I got the offer from them a week after the interview. ^_^

The interviewers were lovely! They really put people at ease, the questions are straightforward and the experience is positive.

Lol! I totally understand. I hope the test will go well for you and make to the interview stage! Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

i have an interview tommorow, it said in the email start time 1pm end time 4:30pm is it just a one on one and/or were you waiting around?
Original post by lilbirdielucy
i have an interview tommorow, it said in the email start time 1pm end time 4:30pm is it just a one on one and/or were you waiting around?

With the interview, I think they call people's name in order because I was waiting quite a while to be called into the room.

They will register a group of people, then take all of you to another building where the interview takes place.

From there, you just sit and wait till you get called. You can even chat with the other applicants as well or do more research on topics relating to the NHS and nursing on your phone etc.

Good luck for tomorrow!!! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
With the interview, I think they call people's name in order because I was waiting quite a while to be called into the room.

They will register a group of people, then take all of you to another building where the interview takes place.

From there, you just sit and wait till you get called. You can even chat with the other applicants as well or do more research on topics relating to the NHS and nursing on your phone etc.

Good luck for tomorrow!!! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

thank you for replying! i wasnt sure as they used to do group interviews then a talk etc
thank you for replying! i wasnt sure as they used to do group interviews then a talk etc

Nope, it's all individual interviews now :biggrin:

You are welcome ^_^

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12

hccongrats on your interview i hope it went well.... im just seeing these messages
Reply 13
are the essay writing topics always the same for the Middlesex adult nursing test....
are the essay writing topics always the same for the Middlesex adult nursing test....

It will be the same format, but I'm not sure if it's the same questions. They might change it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending