GCSE: Additional Science Edexcel 2015

Watch
MIST_123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hello guys, I'm currently in Year 11 and will be taking a number of GCSE exams in May-June 2015, one of which is Additional Science.

I've decided to make this thread to help people/ share ideas and tips to achieve the very best. If you have a particular concern or need help then please feel free to comment and I or others will get back to you as soon as possible.

Key Dates:

• B2 Exam will take place on Friday 5th June 2015.
  • C2 Exam will take place on Tuesday 9th June 2015
  • P2 Exam will take place on Friday 12th June 2015

Please help spread this Thread around, I hope this thread comes in handy to many people. Thank you and good luck.
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by MIST_123)
I've decided to make this thread to help people/ share ideas and tips to achieve the very best. If you have a particular concern or need help then please feel free to comment and I or others will get back to you as soon as possible.

Key Dates:
  • B2 Exam will take place on Friday 5th June 2015.
  • C2 Exam will take place on Tuesday 9th June 2015
  • P2 Exam will take place on Friday 12th June 2015

These are only the dates for the exam board you are studying with, other exam boards will also have GCSE science exams in those sessions but not necessarily the Additional Science exams.
A*GLORYHUNTER
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I would say Phyics and chem is easy but biology is meh especially mitosis and meiosis
MIST_123
Rep:
?
To anyone who is doing Edexcel Further Additional Science, I found this video which runs through the C3 June 2014 paper which I found very helpful: http://youtu.be/6JiZPeiKAhs

Posted from TSR Mobile
MIST_123
Rep:
?
How did you guys find the exam today? B2

Posted from TSR Mobile
amanii_ox
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It was really good! What did you write for the heart one? and the "why do you respire aerobically quicker after for weeks of cardiac??
jodyyli
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Any 6 marker predictions for chem and physics?
Would be appreciated thanks
K_slayer_01
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I wrote the heart increase in size and therefore means the heart needs to work less hard as it can pump more blood in a given time
FatimaHere
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Awwww I loveeedddd this exam!!! Science is my absolute favourite!!!!
School sucks
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I absolutely hated the exam and i feel really bad because everyone found it easy so i know grade boundaries are going to go up and i cant get an A*. Im really stressing and i just want to go through my answers but i cant as there js no unofficial mark scheme
mcbsw
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
https://www.change.org/p/ocr-lenient...3-703685559773

SIGN THE PETiTION FOR LOWER GRADE BOUNDARIES AND LENIENT MARKING FOR ADD SCIENCE PAPER SINCE MANY DIDNT MANAGE TO FINISH THE PAPER
mcbsw
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by School sucks)
I absolutely hated the exam and i feel really bad because everyone found it easy so i know grade boundaries are going to go up and i cant get an A*. Im really stressing and i just want to go through my answers but i cant as there js no unofficial mark scheme
https://www.change.org/p/ocr-lenient...3685559773GCSE GATEWAY ADDITIONAL SCIENCE PAPER WAS EXTREMELY LONG AND THEREFORE MANY STUDENTS WERE UNABLE TO COMPLETE THE PAPER.PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION FOR LENIENT MARKING FOR THIS PAPER
shan-shan
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Compost)
[/LIST]

These are only the dates for the exam board you are studying with, toher exam boards will also have GCSe secince exams in those sessions but not necessarily the Additional Science exams.
hey i really need your help as my year 10 mock is coming up and the teacher mad no effort in helping us.

can you help me letting me know what topics i need to cover for each topic aswell as the 6 mark question for higher paper???
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by shan-shan)
hey i really need your help as my year 10 mock is coming up and the teacher mad no effort in helping us.

can you help me letting me know what topics i need to cover for each topic aswell as the 6 mark question for higher paper???
Check you know what exam board you are studying (probably AQA, Edexcel or OCR if you're in England) and look on their website for past papers to have a go at. The markschemes with the answers will also be there. Buy the CGP guides https://www.cgpbooks.co.uk/Student if you can - Amazon and W H Smiths both sell them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (549)
34.01%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (665)
41.2%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (327)
20.26%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (73)
4.52%

Watched Threads