The Student Room Group

I feel guilty?

Hi. So I'm only in Year 10 but I really want top notch GCSEs :biggrin:

This half-term, I told myself I was going to revise for my end-of-years but I've been shattered lately as I had a geography and english before half-term and at the start of that term a maths, physics and a spanish speaking test! I've spent half-term sleeping, tidying room, watching netfilx....

Do you think I should spend tomorrow revising?

I take history, geography, french, spanish,triple science, english, english literature, maths :eek::eek: IGCSES... they are a little harder I think to get higher grades

ALSO do any of you do ABRSM music exams? I have grade 6 cello in late March and I've learnt all the scales, pieces are at pass standard, no aural or sight reading yet... what you think?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
You shouldn't feel guilty at all ;P! Everyone deserves a rest at half term and you shouldn't be doing work all the time. To be honest, I don't think revising for your end of year exams this early in the year will make a difference. It's too early! I'm presuming your exams are in June or July so it's not worth your time. At the moment, I recommend you stays focused on completing homework and studying for tests in the near future. But it's great to hear you have a good work ethic, it will definitly help when it comes to GCSEs.
Reply 2
Like you said, you're only in Year 10. I wouldn't eliminate having fun yet - just scale back maybe an hour per day during the week to do some revision. So, yes, if you want to revise tomorrow - revise. But don't stress about it. Your mocks at the end of Y10 aren't hugely important, just put yourself in a good position to progress further and use the opportunity to make revision for your final Y11 exams.

The Dec/Jan/Feb mocks in Y11 (i.e. your final mocks) are the most important mocks - so focus heavily on those. I've just completed mine and they were tough but put me in a good mindset for the summer and have eased the pressure slightly.

I wouldn't say iGCSEs are harder - there is a reason why the government have excluded them for tables and some are even been discontinued. My sister did iGCSE English at her school, everyone completed it within a matter of months and most got As.

Quick Reply

Latest