Falajapata
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
My revision for physics is going well, and ive found a few websites with past papers, mark schemes and notes. But I find it difficult to understand a question and how to answer it, and the mark scheme doesnt help as it doesnt give enough information. For maths, i found examsolution.net which give video tutorials on past paper questions which makes it easy to know how to answer a quesiton. Is there anything like this for physics? any websites on how to answer physics paper questions? and also, is there also websties like this for other science subjects (Im taking OCR for 3 sciences, and EDEXCEL for maths)
Chittesh14
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Falajapata)
My revision for physics is going well, and ive found a few websites with past papers, mark schemes and notes. But I find it difficult to understand a question and how to answer it, and the mark scheme doesnt help as it doesnt give enough information. For maths, i found examsolution.net which give video tutorials on past paper questions which makes it easy to know how to answer a quesiton. Is there anything like this for physics? any websites on how to answer physics paper questions? and also, is there also websties like this for other science subjects (Im taking OCR for 3 sciences, and EDEXCEL for maths)
I completely understand what you mean. Sometimes mark schemes doesn't really explain the answer to the question in detail. Nevertheless, some questions are asked in such a way that it's hard to find the answer through the mark scheme and it's very difficult to answer it. However, if you give some examples for questions I can definitely help you answer them if possible not that I'm good at Physics, but my brother is ! . Also, easy methods would be to type the question in google or work out what topic the question is related to in the module and then find keywords and try to find out what the question is actually asking you.

Links that my help you:

http://www.s-cool.co.uk/gcse/physics
http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/physics/
http://www.gcsescience.com/gcse-physics-revision.htm
http://www.passmyexams.co.uk/GCSE/physics/index.html

On the other hand, when it comes to maths, if you exam board is Edexcel Linear (A), I'll be able to help you anytime you ask me. I'm quite good at GCSE Maths and am taking it in Year 10 so i'll be revising over topics a lot soon. Therefore, if you struggle on a topic or need some revision help, you may ask me as I take notes too so I can share them with you .
uberteknik
  • Study Helper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Falajapata)
Hello and welcome to TSR physics.

The thing to remember about mark schemes is that they are not produced for the benefit of students and are most definitely not model answers.

They are produced for the guidance of examiners to mark the papers with consistency and remove ambiguity.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (706)
33.93%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (889)
42.72%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (393)
18.89%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.47%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed