Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calumc)
    Yes but you didn't earn it, someone else did, so it's not much better than stealing.
    DONT U USE UR PARENTS MONEY?

ReputationRep:
    You don't feel guilty spending large amounts of money you didn't earn? I certainly would. Maybe spoilt people lose their morals.
    yep i do - my parents give me £20 a week, but sometimes they forget to give me pocket money - but i dont ask for it anyways cus i feel thats too much anyways and i probs dont deserve it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tammypotato)
    HE EARND IT... ITS HIS DAD ITS NORMAL U GET MONEY OUT OF UUR PARENTS... THERE IS NOTHING TO FEEL GUILTY ABOUT
    He earned it? How? By the hugely taxing task of "being born" to well-off/stupid parents?

thank-you tammy, I realise how I live is actually quite obscene to many but in my school its considered "normal". I do not consider myself a snob and I certainly do not look down on others. For Gods sake I would hate to turn out like my Mother!

ReputationRep:
    He earned it? How? By the hugely taxing task of "being born" to well-off/stupid parents?
    HIS DADDDDDD GAVE IT TO HIM WHO CARES ABOUT HOW HIS DAD GT IT .. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WID HOBS

ReputationRep:
    Yes but you didn't earn it, someone else did, so it's not much better than stealing.
    Its completely different comparing it to stealing is ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    HIS DADDDDDD GAVE IT TO HIM WHO CARES ABOUT HOW HIS DAD GT IT .. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WID HOBS
    "It has nothing to do with him" is precisely the point. He himself did nothing to deserve it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    Its completely different comparing it to stealing is ridiculous.
    Why?

ReputationRep:
    "It has nothing to do with him" is precisely the point. He himself did nothing to deserve it.
    DONT UR MOM N DAD GIVE U STUFF OR MONEY?

IF YEAH DO U TAKE IT ...

ReputationRep:
    DONT UR MOM N DAD GIVE U STUFF OR MONEY?

IF YEAH DO U TAKE IT ...
    Yes they give me "stuff", like a house to live in, food to eat, clothes to wear, and so on, things I actually need - which as far as I'm concerned is more than enough. Other things I pay for myself, I guess I grew out of my parents paying for everything, it's childish.

ReputationRep:
    Yes they give me "stuff", like a house to live in, food to eat, clothes to wear, and so on, things I actually need - which as far as I'm concerned is more than enough. Other things I pay for myself, I guess I grew out of my parents paying for everything, it's childish.
    parents r ur parents for life some ppl cant study n workat same time ...

ReputationRep:
    I sense a bit of the green eyed monster

ReputationRep:
    parents r ur parents for life some ppl cant study n workat same time ...
    But they can find the time to spend £400 a day? And they don't spend any time actually using what they spend it on? Oh, I see.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by posh&loaded_lib)
    I sense a bit of the green eyed monster
    I don't. My dad is a project manager for Shell, we've got plenty of money, but I choose to earn my own. My parents bought me everything when I was younger, but I grew out of it.

ReputationRep:
    god calumc just listen to yourself some people just have it. Don't be rude you can't help what family you are born into! Besides in a time when the rich are getting richer you are going to have a lot more to "shout" about......

ReputationRep:
    god calumc just listen to yourself some people just have it. Don't be rude you can't help what family you are born into! Besides in a time when the rich are getting richer you are going to have a lot more to "shout" about......
    Good for them, but they don't have to take it. I could leech totally off my parents if I wanted to, but I don't. I want to leave home and earn my own way, I thought that was normal.

ReputationRep:
    Good for them, but they don't have to take it. I could leech totally off my parents if I wanted to, but I don't. I want to leave home and earn my own way, I thought that was normal.
    well according to you we have no morals.....obviously that's not normal

ReputationRep:
    It's certainly not stealing. But study after study shows that if you spoil your kids they never learn financial responsibility - and learning financial responsibility goes a long way towards learning other kinds of responsibility. For the sake of your kids, make them work for their money.

ReputationRep:
    well according to you we have no morals.....obviously that's not normal
    Don't exaggerate, I didn't say that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThePants999)
    It's certainly not stealing. But study after study shows that if you spoil your kids they never learn financial responsibility - and learning financial responsibility goes a long way towards learning other kinds of responsibility. For the sake of your kids, make them work for their money.
    no ma parents cants make me work it would b cruel

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 16, 2004
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.