My parents are annoying me!

Watch
SashaF
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
So I have an Indian name and recently I got a middle name put in to replace my dads name. I chose Sasha as people struggle with my first name and I just liked the name. But they just annoy me so much. They're like, we're ashamed, keep laughing and it's just started to annoy me. They were like people are going to think im a lesbian, etc. I hate how it's always about what society thinks. Please help.!
MrsSheldonCooper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What's lesbian about the name Hannah?? :lolwut:
uberteknik
  • Study Helper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by SashaF)
So I have an Indian name and recently I got a middle name put in to replace my dads name. I chose Sasha as people struggle with my first name and I just liked the name. But they just annoy me so much. They're like, we're ashamed, keep laughing and it's just started to annoy me. They were like people are going to think im a lesbian, etc. I hate how it's always about what society thinks. Please help.!
Humour them. Put up with it until you are 18 and then change it to whatever you like as the law protects your rights and they can't do anything about it.

I know it's a cultural thing, but parents should stop and think of the potential damage they are doing to their children and the relationship they have with them.

They would earn far more respect and love if they had the attitude to stuff what the community thinks and say, this is my child and we respect her individuality and freedom of choice.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (72)
67.29%
I don't have everything I need (35)
32.71%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed