Turn on thread page Beta

Gcse triple science ocr summer 2015 watch

ReputationRep:
    anyone doing OCR bio, physics, chem 1,2,3,4,5,6?? let's stress out together?? considering we're still learning the 6 modules for all three sciences ://

ReputationRep:
    Are you doing twenty first century :P? I'm just about coping but my teacher sets our class tests every week . I've started to revise Biology, Chemistry and Physics 1,2,3 and I advise you probably start soon because there's so much to learn! Just start early and take it but by bit and you'll be fine!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aha1)
    anyone doing OCR bio, physics, chem 1,2,3,4,5,6?? let's stress out together?? considering we're still learning the 6 modules for all three sciences ://
    ME!! im stressing out cuz i havent started but i have no motivation, B1 is so long

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessAisha)
    ME!! im stressing out cuz i havent started but i have no motivation, B1 is so long
    to be honest i'm ok with bio and chem it's just physics for me :///

ReputationRep:
    Are the modules that you are learning at school similar to these ones:

c1 - making crude oil useful, using carbon fuels, clean airs, making polymers, designer polymers, cooking and food additives, smells, paints and pigments

B1 - fitness and health, human health and diet, staying healthy, the nervous system, drugs and you, staying in balance, controlling plant growth and variation and inheritance.

P1 - heating houses, keeping homes warm, a spectrum of waves, light and lasers, cooking and communicating using waves, data transmission, wireless signals and stable earth.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chittesh14)
    Are the modules that you are learning at school similar to these ones:

c1 - making crude oil useful, using carbon fuels, clean airs, making polymers, designer polymers, cooking and food additives, smells, paints and pigments

B1 - fitness and health, human health and diet, staying healthy, the nervous system, drugs and you, staying in balance, controlling plant growth and variation and inheritance.

P1 - heating houses, keeping homes warm, a spectrum of waves, light and lasers, cooking and communicating using waves, data transmission, wireless signals and stable earth.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes I think it's the same, I'm doing all of the modules listed in the cgp books for ocr gateway b

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 'Chris')
    Are you doing twenty first century :P? I'm just about coping but my teacher sets our class tests every week . I've started to revise Biology, Chemistry and Physics 1,2,3 and I advise you probably start soon because there's so much to learn! Just start early and take it but by bit and you'll be fine!
    No I'm doing gateway b

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aha1)
    Yes I think it's the same, I'm doing all of the modules listed in the cgp books for ocr gateway b

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Tell me some of the topics, and what module they're in for your book. Or just read out the topics :P please.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chittesh14)
    Tell me some of the topics, and what module they're in for your book. Or just read out the topics :P please.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh gosh well I know c5 in entitled 'how much' and... Well that's all I can remember (sorry!)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aha1)
    to be honest i'm ok with bio and chem it's just physics for me :///
    yh physics is my prob as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aha1)
    Oh gosh well I know c5 in entitled 'how much' and... Well that's all I can remember (sorry!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha yes, that's right. How much (quantitative analysis)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm also doing Gateway B and got A*s in the mocks with about 4 hours revision before each exam. What I did was make notes (bullet points) from a revision guide (I prefer the Collins ones) on lined paper, for everything in each module. Then, the day before and morning of the exam, I just read through them a few times.
    I had about 2-5 sides of A4 per module.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamesinatr)
    I'm also doing Gateway B and got A*s in the mocks with about 4 hours revision before each exam. What I did was make notes (bullet points) from a revision guide (I prefer the Collins ones) on lined paper, for everything in each module. Then, the day before and morning of the exam, I just read through them a few times.
    I had about 2-5 sides of A4 per module.
    that's awesome and crazy!! i have like 50 pages back to front of notes for each module... if i did that though i know that i would forget it all in the space of an hour :// how on earth did you condense it so much?! my revision guide for each science is 120 pages... did you do triple?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aha1)
    that's awesome and crazy!! i have like 50 pages back to front of notes for each module... if i did that though i know that i would forget it all in the space of an hour :// how on earth did you condense it so much?! my revision guide for each science is 120 pages... did you do triple?
    Same here!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aha1)
    Here is the first few lessons of B1 from my notes (about 5-8x this in each module). It's not typed up, so I won't post it all.

Blood pressure:
    -mmHg. Systolic: max pressure. Diastolic: between heart beats.
    -Increased by stress, alcohol, smoking, being overweight
    -Reduced by exercise, balanced diet
    -High pressure can make blood vessels burst, damaging brain (stroke). Can damage kidneys.
    -Low pressure: dizziness, fainting, poor circulation
    Fitness: ability to do physical activity
    -Strength, flexibility, stamina, agility, speed - some measures more effective in different situations
    Health: Free of disease
    Smoking: carbon monoxide causes blood to carry less oxygen (combines with hemoglobin instead of oxygen)
    -Nicotine increases heart rate
    Heart disease: restricted blood flow to the heart
    -Caused by saturated fat, creating cholesterol (plaque) in arteries
    -Plaques make blood clots/thrombosis more likely (blocks artery)

I got 63/75 in the B1,B2,B3 mock (Jun 2014 paper). (52 was A*)

Also, my Collins triple revision guides are 50-60 pages each for all 6 modules.

This is why I make my own notes from them, I can read a module from mine in about 3 minutes, but from the revision guide it takes 10-25 mins per module.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamesinatr)
    Here is the first few lessons of B1 from my notes (about 5-8x this in each module). It's not typed up, so I won't post it all.

Blood pressure:
    -mmHg. Systolic: max pressure. Diastolic: between heart beats.
    -Increased by stress, alcohol, smoking, being overweight
    -Reduced by exercise, balanced diet
    -High pressure can make blood vessels burst, damaging brain (stroke). Can damage kidneys.
    -Low pressure: dizziness, fainting, poor circulation
    Fitness: ability to do physical activity
    -Strength, flexibility, stamina, agility, speed - some measures more effective in different situations
    Health: Free of disease
    Smoking: carbon monoxide causes blood to carry less oxygen (combines with hemoglobin instead of oxygen)
    -Nicotine increases heart rate
    Heart disease: restricted blood flow to the heart
    -Caused by saturated fat, creating cholesterol (plaque) in arteries
    -Plaques make blood clots/thrombosis more likely (blocks artery)

I got 63/75 in the B1,B2,B3 mock (Jun 2014 paper). (52 was A*)

Also, my Collins triple revision guides are 50-60 pages each for all 6 modules.

This is why I make my own notes from them, I can read a module from mine in about 3 minutes, but from the revision guide it takes 10-25 mins per module.
    yh i got them notes from the first part of b1 but dont u think it is really long compared to all the other modules in bbio

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessAisha)
    yh i got them notes from the first part of b1 but dont u think it is really long compared to all the other modules in bbio
    Yea, it is quite long, although I find it a lot easier to understand and remember than B5 and B6.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aha1)
    If it helps I did it last year. I messed around in all of my lessons, did no revision apart from a really small amount a few weeks before hand. I was stressing so much, I was predicted Cs at the most and had convinced myself I was going to fail. I finished all 3 pieces of coursework to B's on the FINAL deadline even though everyone else in my class handed it in about a year earlier. I did all my exams, cried in a chemistry one and thought I'd done horrifically in physics and somehow in august when I got my results I was amazed, I had an A in physics and B's in Chemistry and Biology. I think if you pay attention to most lessons and do regular revision most people could come out with all A's. Teachers tell you that so much revision is needed and they make it out to be so much harder than it actually is. Good luck for the summer though If anyone needs help feel free to message me

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing the OCR 21st Century Science course for the 2015 GCSE entry however last year, we took our modules B/C/P 1,2,3 GCSE exam early and I came out with 2 A*s, an A and a B in the Biology coursework! I really advise using the Collins 'Essentials' revision guide (they sell it in WHSmiths) and they also do one for Additional Science (modules B/C/P 4,5,6) which I am currently using to revise for my biology mock tomorrow morning!

Good luck all!

ReputationRep:
    Did this last year and got 3 A*s, full UMS in B1-3, B4-6, C1-3 and P4-6, and A*s in all the rest. If you have any questions about any of the topics, feel free to ask

Posted from TSR Mobile

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.