The Student Room Group

Edexcel 6GP01 Government and Politics Unit 1 Exam 01/06/2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bezaleel25
A: Parliament (questions are usually around the theme of whether or not government dominates parliament or should HOL be refromed)
B: Constitution (likely to be on codified Constitution or Bill of Rights)

PM & Judiciary could be in either tbh

PM is likely to be how important is cabinet or is the PM more like a president which is basically the same essay tbh
Judiciary (haven't looked at this unit at all sorry)

thank you !! you're literally my saviour XD
Can you post unit 1 essay plans please. Thank you
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 582
The one thing I hate about Politics is the mark scheme, it's too narrow and the moment you think outside the box its an 'x'. I do AQA sociology also but mark schemes are much more open.
Original post by YasminBrown123
Can you post unit 1 essay plans please. Thank you

yeah no problem
Thank God Thatcher came up 2 years ago so hopefully it won't make a reappearance. They're the most difficult questions I think :colonhash:
Does anyone know what was in the textbook update for 2015? Because surely something in there could turn up, right?
Original post by Arjun Thakrar
I've been looking over a few papers, their patterns and etc and below are a few questions I think may be likely to appear. (This is also taking into account how Edexcel has chosen questions for other papers they've released this year always)

Questions I think are likely to come up for unit 1:
What is the link between pluralism and pressure groups ? (5)
What is a direct democracy? (5)
What is a liberal democracy? (5)
Outline two ways in which political parties overlap with pressure Groups? (5)
Explain three advantages of direct democracy? (10)
Asess the disadvantages of the various electoral systems in the UK? (25)
To what extent do Pressure Groups support/increase democracy? (25)
To what extent is the labour party still committed to it's traditional principles? (25)

Another topic that may come up is something focusing on the co-alition just ended, or focusing on Cameron conservatism just passed.

Additionally it is possible that Edexcel did manage to put a question in about the 2015 election campaigns, result, or dispute over FPTP following the election but due to time constraints this is quite unlikely.

I really want FPTP question for the 25 marker but i think thats unlikely tbh
What do you think could come up for a 25 marker on Democracy?
Original post by Arjun Thakrar
I've been looking over a few papers, their patterns and etc and below are a few questions I think may be likely to appear. (This is also taking into account how Edexcel has chosen questions for other papers they've released this year always)

Questions I think are likely to come up for unit 1:
What is the link between pluralism and pressure groups ? (5)
What is a direct democracy? (5)
What is a liberal democracy? (5)
Outline two ways in which political parties overlap with pressure Groups? (5)
Explain three advantages of direct democracy? (10)
Asess the disadvantages of the various electoral systems in the UK? (25)
To what extent do Pressure Groups support/increase democracy? (25)
To what extent is the labour party still committed to it's traditional principles? (25)

Another topic that may come up is something focusing on the co-alition just ended, or focusing on Cameron conservatism just passed.

Additionally it is possible that Edexcel did manage to put a question in about the 2015 election campaigns, result, or dispute over FPTP following the election but due to time constraints this is quite unlikely.

The exam papers were written circa 12 months ago, there won't be anything on the GE result.
What topics are likely to appear in section a and b? I've left revision too late hahaha. Is there anyway to revise 2? This is for Unit 2...

Posted from TSR Mobile
So ive been looking but got confused what do you think will come up for Democracy and Pressure Groups?
Is this everything I need to know for Parliament and are there any predictions to what is going to come up?

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1432634334.646006.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also does anyone know any examples for "What are the main features of representative democracy"
Original post by GodalmingStudier
Also does anyone know any examples for "What are the main features of representative democracy"

What are the features? Im missing democracy out?
Can compulsory voting come up as a 25 marker?
Original post by xxvine
Can compulsory voting come up as a 25 marker?

I was reading about compulsory actually, there isn't that much to say i'd guess it would be a 10 at max unless it something along the lines of how to reduce the political participation crisis.
Original post by xxvine
What are the features? Im missing democracy out?

I have a question from January 2009 which asks:
"What are the main features of representative democracy?
To which the mark scheme says:
Free, fair and regular elections at a range of levels.
Universal suffrage/wide franchise.
Assemblies or legislatures which pass laws, the UK parliament.
The public are not personally involved in office holding but do this via arepresentative.
Decisions reached on the basis of a majority.
Tolerance of differing viewpoints.
Widespread civil rights such as the right to free speech, right to protest.
A range of political parties which represent differing policies and ideas.
Pressure group activity
Except my teacher told us that we need examples in 5, 10 and 25 markers i just didnt know any.
Do we have to do for and against for a 25 marker? And how many points do we make?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lizmoo0721
Do we have to do for and against for a 25 marker? And how many points do we make?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If doing a 25 you need for and against unless the question is "Make a Case For..." "Make a Case Against..."

I do three points with evidence and explanation to each point and a contradiction which makes up the for and against part.
I am starting to revise for this exam now. I started a few weeks ago, but then i focused on my exams at the time.

Is there any predictions? Any MUST read up on?
Can someone explain to me Parliamentary Goverment
its confusing the hell out of me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending