The Student Room Group

Should I drop EPQ or let myself get a U?

Title says it all really-

I have done nothing for my EPQ so far and I did not put it on my UCAS, however I think that my teachers may have entered a predicted grade for it.
Would I be better off to just let myself get a U, as none of my offers require it, or should I drop it and email my universities to say that I have dropped it?
As if I email them will there be a chance they might retract their offers? The offers weren't based upon my EPQ at all but I suppose it may have affected their decision to give me an offer in the first place. Also I have not yet heard back from all of my universities and am worried that emailing them this may impact their decision as to whether or not I should get an offer, whereas if I get an offer (not requiring EQP) and then just get a U it won't matter, while it may have affected their decision to give me an offer I'll still get in with the U.
You may want to speak with your teachers as I am aware for most subjects now entries have already been made for exams/ assessments. So you may already be entered to be taking EPQ so it may be too late to drop. I may be wrong however as EPQ has no 'exam' as such. As long as you meet the conditions of you offer as they are stated on track, the universities will still give you a place on their course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending