Digestion issues

Watch
hermitthefrog
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
For the most part I eat a pretty healthy diet. A typical day would be something like porridge and fruit for breakast, a sandwhich with plain greek yoghurt and a cereal bar for lunch, then chicken, veggies and wholemeal carb for dinner. However, any time I eat different foods, or eat a lot of food I am struck with awful digestive problems. I get extremely bloated, my stomach is sensitive to touch. I feel like I need the toilet but when I try go I just fart. My burps smell horrendous, which I assume is due to food rotting in my stomach. Even when I eat my normal diet I can still be hit with bloating and constipation. I am consistently hitting my fibre goals, and take peppermint oil and probiotics. I am very active. I'm at a loss as to what could be causing these digestive issues and it's making me miserable. Please help.

Posted from TSR Mobile
catsRgr8
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'd go to the Dr's about this, maybe you have an intolerance for a particular food? Which isn't uncommon at all. Perhaps something like wheat or dairy? I'm sure they'll be able to find the cause of all this for you
Anonymous #1
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by hermitthefrog)
For the most part I eat a pretty healthy diet. A typical day would be something like porridge and fruit for breakast, a sandwhich with plain greek yoghurt and a cereal bar for lunch, then chicken, veggies and wholemeal carb for dinner. However, any time I eat different foods, or eat a lot of food I am struck with awful digestive problems. I get extremely bloated, my stomach is sensitive to touch. I feel like I need the toilet but when I try go I just fart. My burps smell horrendous, which I assume is due to food rotting in my stomach. Even when I eat my normal diet I can still be hit with bloating and constipation. I am consistently hitting my fibre goals, and take peppermint oil and probiotics. I am very active. I'm at a loss as to what could be causing these digestive issues and it's making me miserable. Please help.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sounds similar to a problem I've been having for 7 weeks now.
My stomach is constantly bubbling/ gassy, always need to fart and always get diarrhoea in the morning.
StudentGod168
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
When gut bacteria digest fibre it produces gas. The more fibre you eat, the more gas. Hence your bloatedness and trapped wind. Drink plenty of water to help digestion. Get some bisodol. Good for your symptoms.
finchieface
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You might be suffering from a bacteria overgrowth in your digestive system - I had a bad one a few years ago and basically whenever I ate a certain type of fructose in fruit and other foods I had a similar reaction. Once the doctors found it (pretty common so easy to diagnose) I had antibiotics for 2 weeks and then probiotics and then was totally fine after being poorly for a few years. Definately worth going to the doctors!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (398)
56.37%
I don't have everything I need (308)
43.63%

Watched Threads