sine and cosine rule?

Watch this thread
c'est la vie 98
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Does anyone know whether you have to be able to prove the sine/cosine rule in the edexcel C2 maths exam?
DeadEnd_96
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
I don't think it will come up in the exam, but it is good to know the proof just in case. Also it helps you understand the whole concept.
c'est la vie 98
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Thanks
Kevin De Bruyne
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by c'est la vie 98)
Does anyone know whether you have to be able to prove the sine/cosine rule in the edexcel C2 maths exam?
I think that would be a tough ask in the exam, so intuition says no. I've had a look at the specification and it says you need to 'know' and 'be able to use' those rules but doesn't explicity say you need to know how to derive them.

They're also proved in the textbook but again doesn't say in the boxes *You must know this* or *Don't worry about it*. I would personally not worry about it, but would check to see if you can understand how it's done.
Skαteboαrder
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
If you pick what to learn just for the exams you're gonna have hard time when you get to doing more advanced maths.
Phichi
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Skαteboαrder)
If you pick what to learn just for the exams you're gonna have hard time when you get to doing more advanced maths.
To be fair, proving the cosine rule for example is way above the C2 spec.
Skαteboαrder
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Phichi)
To be fair, proving the cosine rule for example is way above the C2 spec.
Fair enough.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (94)
20.17%
The paper was reasonable (178)
38.2%
Not feeling great about that exam... (119)
25.54%
It was TERRIBLE (75)
16.09%

Watched Threads