The Student Room Group

Revision methods for GCSE

Hi all. 78 days to go until exams and I'm starting my actual revision tomorrow. I've only made notes for sciences and no other subject. I find that I can take in a lot by reading my notes but I'm afraid that on the day that method might just fail me.... I would be ridiculously grateful if some people could share revision methods that reallllly worked for them (possibly without making stacks of notes!!) thanks so much!
Well I found that watching youtube videos (revision related!) helped me get in the mood for revision more than listening to music.

I also made flash cards for definitions and vocab etc (really helped with latin!), also used this for formulae!

If you can, perhaps make mindmaps and stick them up places?

Maybe a whiteboard, I found this useful for testing myself on things!
Reply 2
Original post by BryonyG98
Well I found that watching youtube videos (revision related!) helped me get in the mood for revision more than listening to music.

I also made flash cards for definitions and vocab etc (really helped with latin!), also used this for formulae!

If you can, perhaps make mindmaps and stick them up places?

Maybe a whiteboard, I found this useful for testing myself on things!

Thank you! I'm just really sceptical over trying new methods because if they don't work well then I'm screwed... ://

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aha1
Thank you! I'm just really sceptical over trying new methods because if they don't work well then I'm screwed... ://

Okay well if you have found that making notes helps, why not try condensing the notes further and further until each topic is one side of A4 (:

Quick Reply

Latest