Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I don't really know anything from economics. Only probably defining definitions. What revision technique can you give me for my as exams in May?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pooja22)
    x
    Start learning the content. Personally I hate reading so I watched Pajholden's youtube videos as he explains concepts really well and it's actually interesting.

I achieved 90UMS in Unit 1 and 100UMS in Unit 2 and an A* overall in the complete A level

ReputationRep:
    pajholden is good, Econplusdal is also a Youtube Econ teacher who's very good.

Make notes from these videos if you can. Read up from the textbook after each topic or something just to supplement your notes.

Make sure you familiarise yourself with the mark scheme.

ReputationRep:
    In addition to this I've found that making flash cards/ key cards with important facts, definitions and economic concepts really helps.

There is a good app called Flash Cards for iPad/iPhone which I use.
    Just going through a few cards a day can really help drill that knowledge in!

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    I don't really know anything from economics. Only probably defining definitions. What revision technique can you give me for my as exams in May?
    Hey there, Econplusdal and PAJholden are great for revision.

Also try this website out:

http://www.petragrade.com

Other good websites include:

• Economics Online
    • Tutor2u
    • Economics Help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BC95)
    Hey there, Econplusdal and PAJholden are great for revision.

Also try this website out:

http://www.petragrade.com

Other good websites include:

• Economics Online
    • Tutor2u
    • Economics Help
    thank you so much! Such a life saver

ReputationRep:
    thank you so much! Such a life saver
    No problem, I actually built petragrade.com

If you could show your support on this thread, it would make my day :

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...1#post53097701

ReputationRep:
    One thing I would recommend, after you've learnt all the necessary content from textbooks/revision guides/videos, is to create a mindmap on a piece of paper . If you have learnt the content well enough, you should be able to analyse each element separately as well as see links between different elements, since the nature of Economics is such that almost all topics are linked - for example, there are obvious links between inflation and unemployment. After making a few mindmaps, you should feel a lot more confident with answering analysis questions, as questions like "analyse the effect of a higher inflation rate on the unemployment rate" should be easier to answer after you have created links between inflation and unemployment.

Good luck!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 1, 2015

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.