Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Maybe the IB wasnt that bad after all...i guess we did do some productive stuff over the two years, group IV rocked

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by awaiting)
    Maybe the IB wasnt that bad after all...i guess we did do some productive stuff over the two years, group IV rocked
    U know..I was wondering...did we have to write up a lab for Group IV? Coz we didn't. We just kind of formulated a bogus experiment and presented a plan and that was it. Is it graded?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vavavoom)
    U know..I was wondering...did we have to write up a lab for Group IV? Coz we didn't. We just kind of formulated a bogus experiment and presented a plan and that was it. Is it graded?
    not for the IB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by awaiting)
    not for the IB
    *Heaves a sigh of relief*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vavavoom)
    *Heaves a sigh of relief*
    Just wondering, what would you have done if someone told you that you DID have to have a formal lab report but it was too late to do anything about it...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahwhatevver)
    Just wondering, what would you have done if someone told you that you DID have to have a formal lab report but it was too late to do anything about it...?
    LOLZ! Good question. I would have just thought, oh well, **** the school :P

ReputationRep:
    Hey..
    What are you sayin you did not write up a formal lab? You got to be joking?!?!? Group 4 is a main part of the internal assessment....we did analysis of organisms in wadi pools (i live in dubai) and we had to analyze pH conditions, solubility, precipitate, and do a formal lab report....please dont tell me that was not counted?!?!? The group 4 is definitely counted as a complete lab!!!

ReputationRep:
    Bad news pinkflower, the group IV lab report is not graded, i did a huge bio lab report for the bio group IV, but didnt do one for the chemistry, our teacher who is an examiner told us that we just have to submit proof of doing the project; a poster, pictures, and not neccesarily a lab report. I was pissed when I heard that regarding my bio groupIV lab report...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkflower)
    Hey..
    What are you sayin you did not write up a formal lab? You got to be joking?!?!? Group 4 is a main part of the internal assessment....we did analysis of organisms in wadi pools (i live in dubai) and we had to analyze pH conditions, solubility, precipitate, and do a formal lab report....please dont tell me that was not counted?!?!? The group 4 is definitely counted as a complete lab!!!

It can be counted as a formal lab if you want to, it doesnt have to...

ReputationRep:
    no it cant. pretty sad

ReputationRep:
    My group wrote a 64 page lab on it (we had to) and had a presentation, made two wallpapers as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linda)
    My group wrote a 64 page lab on it (we had to) and had a presentation, made two wallpapers as well.
    Really?! Wow, u guys did so much. We did nothing...yet...it all amounts to the same thing...though of course, the experience and knowledge you gain from the experiment is the important bit.

ReputationRep:
    i am going to go to bed crying tonight...
    thank you for the information anyways!

ReputationRep:

remember our group 4s, sarah? What a bunch of BS that was. It couldnt even be considered an experiment to any decent standards...

did ours count?

ReputationRep:
    to clarify the group 4 project... basically what is NEEDED is that IB sees you've done the project (posters, photos etc). it CAN be requested by the teachers that you do the full report, so that they can incorporate it into the internal assessment, but it's totally up to the teacher really.

now what the schools require individually is also up to them, they can ask the students to have presentations, to write long reports etc or just to do a simple poster. but in the end a proof of any kind that the students did their projects is all that is needed to make the IB happy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snark)
    remember our group 4s, sarah? What a bunch of BS that was. It couldnt even be considered an experiment to any decent standards...

did ours count?
    How could I forget? the saksaul that we could never find! The "barbecue"!! We didn't even have a poster for the physics bit of the lab either!!

ReputationRep:
    How could I forget? the saksaul that we could never find! The "barbecue"!! We didn't even have a poster for the physics bit of the lab either!!
    Forgot to answer your question...our Group 4 was just for the 10 hours each in Bio and Physics, I doubt the lab reports went, they werent worth sending!

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Teesside University
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.