The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Alesha1991
I agree. Like I say there's no way I'd ever wear a short skirt without underwear. If I did I'd just feel so self conscious about it & can't imagine why anyone would want to. I sometimes feel like people are being judgmental about me not wearing tights but I don't let it bother me too much..

Short skirts with no tights is fine I just can't imagine a woman would go out in a short skirt with no underwear - I think the OP made the story up TBH.
What we should be concerned about is the difficulty that I expect most women would find in alternatives to short skirts, given the state of the high street clothing retailing in this country. Stores concentrated in too few hands, a supply chain that encourages low paid labour in developing countries, and an incidious creep with 'fashion' to make more money for less. First sleeves became unfashionable so they need not be included. This meant bras became more likely to be visible, so that women may feel under pressure to buy more in different colours and styles. Then thinner fabrics and 'sheer' material so that more layers have to be bought. Shorter skirts follow, so that more and thicker tights or leggings have to be bought.

So women become victims of fashion in a way and the clothing retailing industry forcing them to spend more.
Original post by Lisagurlxx

Ah: bearded, strong girls - a personal favourite.
Original post by scriberg
I know this is going to sound like a massive buzzkill for some of you but I'm actually grossed out with girls who wear short skirts- more specifically the ones where the wind can blow up them and reveal all...

This stemmed from earlier today when i saw a girl with a short black skirt who showed all to the passers by, and by all i mean she wasnt wearing underwear (just tights)

So pls girls, make sure you cover up your bits when wearing skirts :smile:

Edit: I dont have anything against skirts, just keep it decent when you're going out

I used to be the kind of person (when I was a young teenager) who thought that tattoos are only for 'rough' people and that they are 'unprofessional'. A couple of years ago I threw this prejudice out of the window when I realised how stupid it was.

So long as what someone wears/does to their appearance is not morbidly grotesque or indecent, let them wear what they want where appropriate (i.e. not when a uniform is required).

In regards to the question, provided that people who wear more 'revealing' clothing are not revealing their genitalia, it's fine. People who take offence have no just reason - I should know, I was one of them.

Hope this helps :smile:
Original post by skd1996
If you want to stick your testicles out then feel free to do it- you'll probably be arrested, as would I if I chose to get out my hoha.

It was only a joke...

"hoha" looool, never heard it called that before, sounds like some sort of breathing technique before exercise like "come on everyone breathe in and out, HO HA"
Reply 85
Original post by HenryHiddler
x

I may have overreacted but I definitely don't want to see a girl's foof when I'm having my breakfast

Wear whatever you want but don't disregard public decency
this is basically the same as the girls that wear almost see through leggings, its only attractive if they wear good underwear

Call RSPCA! Who in the right mind would anthropomorphise a hippo?!!
I may have overreacted but I definitely don't want to see a girl's foof when I'm having my breakfast

Wear whatever you want but don't disregard public decency

Haha, I don't think many people are ready for a shock like that in the morning :P But yeah, as I said, I agree

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 88
Original post by perspiracious
...anthropomorphise...

I learnt that word from Child Genius last night!
(edited 9 years ago)
I learnt that word on Child Genius last night!

What's Child Genius?
Reply 90
Original post by perspiracious
What's Child Genius?

its like a bunch of 8 year olds who know a s***load of stuff and its a competition on how much they know
Original post by Josb

He can dress how he wants. His choice. Who are we to judge him?... :rolleyes:

He is so MoneySupermarket!
Reply 92
Original post by Precious Illusions
Tbh he looks better in those hot pants than a lot of women do (myself included).

Maybe. Maybe not.
Original post by HigherMinion
Doesn't that mean women hating? I haven't seen any of that yet. What's bugging the chaps is that if a girl decides to wear slutty clothing, the chaps aren't allowed to think "wow, what a slut..." If you think standards are misogynistic, then fine. I'm a misogynist. Sue me.

Of course, it was actually women in the first place who decided to ensure women who "put it about" (and I'll be frank with you, these kinds of girls not wearing anything for ease of access are the kind to put it about "willy nilly") are made to be brought in line, as it devalues what women can offer men. Consider that in the past, a man would have to work for a woman's affections over arduous courting and gifts and good gestures. Now, every Friday night you've got girls throwing themselves at guys to satisfy their carnal urges- for one night only. I think the short skirt is indicative of this kind of behaviour.

if you want to be super cautious and STD-free, etc. then do as I do: avoid the ones who dye their hair warning colours (see: aposematism) wear slutty clothing almost all the time and have children from a previous relationship.

tl;dr- Avoid like the plague.

So you just said you love the look of a cheap whore, and in the same breath that you won't judge them... So which is it to be? You know what "judging" is? Weighing up the good and bad, the cheap and quality girls. If you 'don't judge', then OK: why don't you jump on the conveyor belt and wait for a fat dictatorial humourless drab woman the height of Yoda to pick you up. No excuses, you have to be with her now- part of the new government initiative of relationship quotas, because we as a nation don't like to judge anymore. Well, some people with taste try to judge... Something about freedom of association? I dunno mang. That line of logic is so damn slippery it's making my head spin.

You have a good sense of humour.
women dont dress to please you.
3 year old thread.
I don't think I have ever worn a skirt that doesn't cover at least my thighs... unless I'm wearing them with leggings. Don't need any unwanted attention.

Latest